Prom is just months away, so it is time to sit down and start planning. So much preparation goes into planning the perfect night and it might be hard to remember everything that needs to be done. Well don’t panic. We have created this checklist to make sure are ready for that special night.
The dress: Make sure you buy the perfect prom dress a few months in advance. This gives you plenty of time to browse a few stores and see what they offer and the prices. You don’t want to wait till last minute and rush because they might not have what you are looking for. Also, buying in advance gives you the right amount of time to try on the gown and see if anything needs to be tailored. Sometimes that process could take a few weeks, so you want to make sure it will be ready in time.
Shoes: Choose a heel that will go great with the dress. If you have a long and flowy dress, maybe a shoe that is simple but still elegant is good since they will be covered. If you have a short dress, then a pair of heels that stand out and complement the outfit might be ideal since they will be seen. Normally don’t wear heels? Make sure you break them in by walking around in your house or outside a few weeks before prom!
Hair: Want your hair done professionally? If so, book an appointment a few weeks in advance because prom season is one of the biggest times of the year for hair salons. Trying to save a little money by skipping the salon? That’s okay also! Websites like Pinterest and Youtube have great DIY hairstyle tutorials. So take some time to browse and practice doing it so you are ready for prom!
Nails: Whether you’re more of a salon girl or a DIY girl, it is essential to plan out what color or design you want ahead of time. Be sure to find something that will complement your outfit. If you decided to go to a salon, book your appointment a few weeks in advance for the day before prom.
Makeup: This is something you can either get done professionally or DIY…it just depends on your preference. Like with nails and hair, if you are getting it done professionally make sure to book the appointment in advance. Dedicate some time beforehand to browse the Internet to find different looks and pick which one you want.
Jewelry: Prom is a rare event that you’ll cherish for years to come. So get ready to glam up and shimmer the night away! Go out and find some bracelets, earrings, a neckline or anything else you think you’ll need to look fabulous. Try and stick with silver and gold since those complement most dress colors.
Bag: It is important to find the perfect bag for prom. You will need one that fits all of the essentials like your phone, money, makeup essentials and etc. The bag also has to match your prom dress so make sure you find one that complements its pretty hues.
Other important reminders:
- Buy and bring prom ticket
- Find a date or a group to join
- Get the corsage (but this is more of a reminder for your charming date)
- Make transportation arrangements
- Decide on a location for pre-prom pictures and an after-party venue
- Make sure to have extra cash, a camera/smartphone and makeup essentials in your clutch
And most importantly, make sure you HAVE FUN!
A girl’s hair can be a work of art. However, sometimes that work of art has a mind of its own or takes hours to create. Every girl’s hair is different in its own way, whether it is thick curly hair or thin straight hair. Trying to maintain your hair might seem hard and expensive. However, this list contains the top 10 hair tips that every girl should know. It shows ways to manage frizz, to create perfect and easy hairstyles and give you tips on how to take care of your hair at night so you don’t have to worry about it in the morning. Follow these simple, essential steps ahead of time and you’ll have gleaming, beautiful locks just in time for prom. You’ll also make your gorgeous prom dress stand out even more, not only with shimmering accessories to match, but a new healthy do as the ideal complement!
1. Perfect beachy waves: After washing your hair, add about a dime-size drop of a light mouse, like Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble, and put your hair into a nice big braid. It is best to leave the braid in overnight, but you can also undo it after a few hours. Once the braid is undone you are left with perfect waves with body and volume!
2. Know the purpose of your brush: It is important to know the different types of brushes and what their purpose is. For example, large round brushes are perfect for straightening while small round brushes are great for adding curls.
3. Swap a towel for a t-shirt: To help get rid of frizzy hair, stop drying your hair with a towel and switch to a t-shirt. Towel drying can causes split ends and breakage. However, the smoothness of a t-shirt will cause less friction when drying which leads to fewer frizzes.
4. Start in the middle when curling: Ever have problems with your curls not lasting long? Instead of curling your hair at the ends, start at the middle because it will help you hair stay wavy a lot longer.
5. Use cool air to get that hairstyle to stay: It is common to just rely on warm air when styling your hair. However, if you want your hairstyle to last, switch between using warm and cold air. This will help lock your hairstyle in all day long.
6. Move bangs away: Are you growing out your bangs but tired of them getting in the way? Just simply French braid your bangs to the side to easily get them out of the way.
7. Dry Shampoo is a must: Every girl should have a bottle of dry shampoo on hand because it will save so much time when getting ready. After showering at night, divide your hair into two loose buns with a scrunchie. In the morning remove the buns and comb out your hair. They apply the dry shampoo like Dove Refresh and Care to the roots, wait a few minutes and then comb out your hair and you are ready to go.
8. Turn bobby pins into a fashionable accessory: If you are usually pulling back your hair with bobby pins, choose pins that contrast with your hair color. Then use those pins to make a triangle in the back. This will give you an instant hair accessory.
9. Boost up your roots: Do you have thin straight hair and looking to give it some volume? Just flip your hair upside down and blow dry from the roots while wet.
10. Use a flat iron to curl: Don’t own a curling iron or don’t have the time to use it? Well if you have a flat iron, just simply separate you hair into about 6 braids (depending on how thick your hair is) and then heat the braids with a flat iron. Once you undo the braids, you should have nice curly hair.
Hey prom girls! It’s time to get your shopping on and score this year’s must-have prom dress for that extra special event. If you haven’t started yet, you will probably wanna do some major shopping on ONE SPECIAL NIGHT. Come to our Prom Night Out event (tomorrow, March 5th)…you definitely don’t wanna miss this! See below for complete details:
THURSDAY, MARCH 5th for One Night Only, take 20% OFF your dress purchase*
- Live models showing the hottest styles
- Delicious sips and sweets
- A DJ spinning the latest beats
Plus a FREE GIFT with your dress purchase**
Shop in store (Camille La Vie and Group USA stores)
Thurs, March 5th from 6pm till close of store
Or online using promo code
at http://www.CLV.com from 6pm to Midnight
*20% OFF entire purchase of all regular priced merchandise and accessories on 3-5-15 only from 6:00 PM until close of business day. Cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer. Good for merchandise only and may not be used for previous purchases, services or gift cards. May not be redeemed for cash or cash equivalents. **DJ at select stores. FREE GIFT valued at $10 only with a dress purchase on March 5, 2015 from 6:00PM until close of business day, while supplies last. Excludes stores in Puerto Rico.
Prom is near so it’s time to put down that bag of chips and hit the gym! If you want to look your best in your fabulous prom dress, it’s important to start developing a healthy lifestyle now. Not only will it make you look great for prom but will also help you stick to a healthy routine in the future. Getting started and staying motivated to workout and eat right everyday can be hard, especially if this is something you don’t normally do. But don’t worry; here are the top 10 tips to get you fit and healthy for prom!
1. Switch it up! At first you might notice that doing the same exercise daily is showing results but after a few months or even weeks your body will get used to that exercise – what they call “hitting that plateau”. That’s why it’s important to change up your routine daily to get the best and fastest results. If you alter your workout schedule, your body is always being challenged and you will burn more calories. For example, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays focus on your legs and do the treadmill, elliptical, stationery bike etc. and on the other days focus on arms and lift weights.
2. Sleep more: I know you might like staying up late but sleep is extremely important if you want to live a healthier lifestyle. The average person needs about 8 hours a day of sleep so make sure you adjust your habits so you are getting this amount daily. Sleep is especially important when you add daily workouts to your routine. It gives the body and muscles the time they need to recover and heal to be ready for the next day.
3. A little goes a long way: If you generally eat unhealthy but ready to make a change to your diet, don’t dive in too fast! It might be hard to completely cut out all unhealthy foods at once. So start off by saying you wont drink soda for one week and then next week cut out soda and chips and so on. You will be eating better in no time!
4. Satisfy those sugary cravings! The next time you have a bad craving for something sweet, stay away from the candy and chocolate. Instead choose a healthy fat food such as avocado, nut butter like almond butter or coconut butter. These kinds of food are filled with natural sugars that will satisfy your cravings and leave you full longer.
5. Grab a buddy! A workout buddy is extremely helpful for staying motivated. Find a friend who loves to workout or is looking to start an exercise regimen together. You will both be able to motivate the other on lazy days and will push each other to work harder.
6. Monitor your eating habits: In general there is breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some people might cut out one of the three and eat two big meals. But this is a bad habit! You are actually supposed to eat small portion meals throughout the day, roughly about every three hours.
7. Flavor it up! Sticking to a healthy diet can be hard, especially when you’re eating a lot of the same foods. Stock up on plenty of fresh herbs and spices to add while cooking to switch up the flavors.
8. Chart your progress: To stay motivated, keep a log of what you have been doing and sets goals for the week to accomplish. Seeing your progress overtime will encourage you to continue with your health lifestyle. Tracking your progress is a lot easier with great apps like My Fitness Pal and Argus, and products like Nike+ watch.
9. Start slowly: Especially if you are just starting to work out or took a long break it is important not to overdo it. Your body and muscles will need time to adjust to this change. Start off by maybe walking a half hour a day and slowly increase to 40 minutes and so on. After a few weeks your muscles will be stronger and you can start increasing your routine.
10. Make it fun! It’s important to make sure you enjoy working out; otherwise you will feel incredibly unmotivated and inconsistent. If you are the type of person who hates running on a treadmill then try signing up for a sports team like soccer or a class at the gym like Zumba, Yoga or Pilates. You will still get your workout in but you also have a good time doing it!