Camera, flash, selfie! Prom night will be full of photo-ops so don’t miss out the chance to pose like a pro and turn these fun times into even more awesome memories! Between your parents, friends, and the school photographer you will be in at least 100 pictures by the end of the night so make sure all of these can be deemed Instagram worthy! How can you do this? Follow our suggestions to getting the right pose down for your body and your dress! Showcasing your stunning figure and the gorgeous details in your dress will be your first priority, So, here are some of the poses we’ve seen on the celebrity red carpets that we think are the most flattering to the body and your dress:
1) The One-foot forward: this pose looks as though you are about to take a step; it’s more of an in motion picture. It’s very elegant and sophisticated.
2) The cross-legged pose: standing like this especially in heels can be tricky, make sure you have your balance and simply stand straight to the camera while crossing one foot in front of the other. This gives you a long lean line from head to toe!
3) Over the shoulder: this pose works really great if you have a one-shoulder dress or a gown with must-see back design. When striking this pose you almost have to turn away from the camera and only twist your face and one arm/shoulder back over to get the “over the shoulder” look!
4) Legs apart: this stance looks great in a short tight prom dress. Standing in a wide powerful stance and shifting weight to your hips looks hot! Play with your body’s shapes and angles in this position and don’t forget to smile to the camera!
Once you get these poses down by practicing in the mirror (which we definitely recommend!) These are the final Do’s and Don’ts when posing as a starlet for the night!
2) Keep your chin up
3) Watch your posture; stay tall
4) Have Confidence it’s a must! This is the number one thing that will translate in all of your pictures, besides your beautiful face and killer dress of course!
5) Use your arms to create pretty angles and unique poses
6) Use the hip trick; stick out a hip lean back a bit… tall, slender, and beautiful!
7) Show that you’re having fun
1) Show your profile, people want to see your face and sometimes your profile can be unflattering depending on the light and shadows that it casts.
2) Turn your body away from the camera. That is unless you are going for the over the shoulder pose!
3) Trip on your dress, this is never never good! Be sure your dress looks just as flawless as you will in these pics!
Follow our red-carpet approved poses and look amazing in all of your prom pictures!
With Prom only a few months away, NOW is the time to get your fitness goals in check and physically get yourself onto that cardio machine. After all, we all want to look amazing and fit in that sleek and sleeveless prom dress. But easier said than done, right? We totally feel you on this one! Between the cold, wintry days where all you want to do is pile on the sweaters, socks and blankets, the recent holiday season where we indulged on everything succulent and delicious and the obvious shortened daylight hours, the idea of hitting the gym in the morning or somewhere in between school and homework, seems like an overwhelming feat in itself. But…it can be done. And with some willpower, organization and a few minor changes to your daily routine, you’ll soon find it as part of your lifestyle…or at least until prom peeks its pretty face! Here are some helpful tips to boost your motivation.
1. Reposition your Alarm Clock. It’s no surprise that mornings are the best time to get that workout going. It jump starts your metabolism and helps you burn calories at a higher rate throughout the day. The only tragic issue? Getting out of bed extra early to make that happen. Our easy solution, which actually works wonders, is setting your alarm an hour earlier and placing it at farther area of your bedroom. Close enough so you can still hear it, but far enough that you’d have to get up and walk to turn it off. Once you’re up, you’ll find it easier to stretch and make a detour away from your bed and towards your gym clothes.
2. Schedule a Workout Date. Workout buddies are amazing motivators! Set a specific time on certain days of the week to meet for a trip to the gym, a jog in the park, a tennis match, etc. You’ll be less likely to flake out on your workout if you have someone else who’s waiting for you. Plus, having a gym buddy makes the experience much more fun and rewarding. Because let’s face it, going solo might get a little boring, which might result in poor performance at the gym.
3. Make Friends at the Gym. If you don’t have a gym buddy yet, no worries! After a few weeks, chances are you’ll make one after routine visits. You’ll become familiar with the gym regulars who exercise at the same time. See it as sort of a social factor that serves as inspiration to get going everyday. Besides, they’ll start to wonder where you are if you’re a no show for a day or two. Consistency is key and working out with other familiar faces will help you attain this.
4. Create a Set Goal. It’s always a great idea to set reachable goals. Every Sunday night, make it a point to create your workout schedule for the coming week. Write it down, for example, “This week, I’m waking up at 6am Monday through Thursday to run 2-3 miles before school.” Set alerts on your phone too, just as you would on a special appointment. If you cannot make those dates, record the reasons why. Then, set aside time later to analyze those reasons and derive ways on how to overcome them the next time around.
5. Create a Workout Playlist. Music is a guaranteed quick motivator in the morning. And research has shown that listening to good, upbeat music when you workout can create positive thoughts and help fight fatigue. The best way to go to starting with a faster tempo at the beginning of your workout to rev up your energy level then gradually shift to a slower tempo towards the end.
6. Prepare the Night Before. Following through on a workout routine can be challenging. But one of the simplest things you can do to make it easier is prepare your gym clothes and equipment the night before. This way you don’t waste any time sifting through your drawer in the morning or looking for your headphones or sneakers.
7. Reward Yourself. If you’re getting into a nice groove, meeting the goals that you’ve set out for yourself and getting up four out of five days to work out for an hour, TREAT YOURSELF! For instance, get a manicure, a new outfit or fabulous pair of shoes. Keeping that little sweet treat in mind will give you the extra push you’ll need to battle the blankets and jump out of bed to hit the gym.
And the sweetest reward of them all? Feeling amazing from head to toe and looking equally amazing in your dress at prom!
Shaving can sometimes seem scary simply because there is a chance you could cut yourself, and that’s something no girl ever wants to do! To help you out, especially when it comes time to prep for prom, we have created this what “To Do” and what “Not To Do” list that will keep your skin super soft and silky smooth!
- Use a really good quality razor particularly when shaving large areas like your legs. Try a three or four-blade razor that will give you the closest and smoothest shave ever! We recommend the Schick Quattro Razor
- Before you begin to shave, look to see which direction your hair is growing in. You always want to shave in the opposite direction of your hair growth; this gives you an ultra close shave that will last so much longer!
- Exfoliating before you shave helps a ton! Doing this rids your skin of thick dead skin cells and also helps raise your unwanted hair, again allowing you to get the best shave possible! Try a this gentle exfoliating cleanser from Olay
- Always shave in long evenly pressured strokes and be sure to rinse your razor after every pass to keep it clean and unclogged.
- Wait about an hour after shaving and apply a silky moisturizer to your skin. This will soak into the new sensitive layer rejuvenating its look and will help restore your beautiful glow! Help soothe your skin and calm any itchy bumps with Jergens Ultra Healing Body Lotion!
- Girls if you follow any of these suggestions, this one might be most important for your skin… Do NOT shave your bare skin! You need to have some type of shaving cream or lotion or you will literally shave off an entire layer of skin!! This will leave you sensitive, burning, and full of razor bumps; it’s not a good look, trust us! Gel to foam shaving formulas are our favorite, we suggest: Skintimate Shave Gel **A quick tip: if you run out of shaving cream you may use your hair conditioner (this helps keep your skin protected and moisturized).
- To ensure you get the best shave possible, do NOT use a razor past its expiration! Using a dull blade will leave you with a mediocre shave and major razor burn, Ouch!
- Avoid shaving over the same area twice, unless absolutely necessary. As we said, make one long pass and move on to another area this will avoid a lot of irritation.
- Let’s not shave dry skin, if you do you’ll just be asking for nicks and bumps and that’s never fun, Okay? The best time to shave is in a hot shower or bath where your skin is soft and the hair strands are weak!
- We also recommend shaving the night before your prom. This will give your skin time to heal and ready to look flawless throughout your entire day!
Let’s face it, no girl really likes having hair everywhere or even dealing with shaving, it’s just one of those things… but if you follow these Do’s and Don’ts, the shaving process will be that much better. You’ll achieve smooth and touchable legs, perfect for that short sassy prom dress!!
Hello Beautiful, Let’s Whiten! Having a luminous smile to match your beautiful prom dress is a must; just think about all of the pictures you will take with your girlfriends! Look back at those #nofilter pics and love those pearly whites you see, use Crest 3D White.
Complete these easy steps for a stunning white smile for prom:
- On the day of your prom, we think you should choose the 2 Hour Strips to whiten your teeth quickly and in one shot before the big night! Start by brushing your teeth for clean surface so the strips can stick perfectly to your teeth. Take a picture to compare once you are done whitening, it will be fun to see the results!
- Open the strips one at a time as directed by the box and stick the strips to the top row of teeth first and then repeat on the bottom row. While doing this, try to keep your mouth dry and saliva free so the strips stay on for the whole two hours!
- Here’s where you wait… Try doing other productive things to get ready for prom while you whiten, take a shower, go get your hair done, or prep your nails, after all a girl’s got a lot to do before prom!
- After the two hours is up (be sure not to go overtime) carefully remove the strips and rinse your mouth out with water. You can brush your teeth again gently to remove any excess gel.
- Take a picture of your bright and fabulous teeth and compare to your before photo! Like what you see? We thought so; get ready to smile big for the cameras all prom-night long and have a blast!!
If you’d like to you can use these two hour whitening strips once every couple of months leading up to your prom to achieve an unbeatable white and sparkling smile! We know you’ll look gorgeous on your prom night, but having a pretty white smile will give you that extra boost of confidence that every girl craves on such a special night!