The smokey eye is a long-time favorite amongst the A-list celebrity crowd (see Kim Kardashian’s version above). It creates a deep and sultry look, bringing a sensual dose of romanticism when paired with a beautiful dress. The key to this particular look is focusing in adding drama to the eyes, while keeping other makeup areas to a bare minimum, like a light gloss for your lips and soft rouge for your cheeks. Here’s our list of must-have beauty products and tools to accomplish this smokey eye effect:
1. Models Own Smokey Eye Kit by Asos
2. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Volume Effet Faux Cils Noir Radical’ Mascara
3. Stila Smudge Pot Gel Eyeliner
4. Eylure Naturalites Double Lashes
5. NARS Night Collection Eyeshadow -Night Rider
6. Stila cosmetics – jewel eye shadow
7. Nars Primer
8. Sephora Collection Pro Natural Dome Smudge Brush #13
9. Sephora Collection Pro Oval Blending Brush #27
Steps to achieving the smokey eye look:
1. First prep your eyelids by applying a few tiny dabs of Nars Primer over them, making sure to rub in a circular motion, allowing your skin to absorb the cream.
2. Line both the top and bottom rims with eyeliner, blending around with a smudging eyeliner tool.
3. Apply the darkest shadow hue around the lids and bottom rims of eyes. Make sure to use a blending blush to even and soften out the color.
4. Apply a small hint of white shimmering eyeshadow right below the brow area, near the highest part of your brow arch.
5. Finish off with a few generous swipes of voluminous black mascara for ultimate dramaticism!