At Camille La Vie, we not only provide an insane amount of the most beautiful prom dresses, homecoming dresses, wedding dresses and virtually any style of dress for your specials occasions, but we’re also morphing into fabulous beauty savvy ladies, with an obsession for all things makeup! And with prom night inching its way toward us, we realize it’s not only essential to find the perfect dress but to ensure that our hair and makeup are perfectly divine in every way. While the right dress that you choose will undoubtedly highlight your best body assets, wearing the right makeup and hairstyle will surely accentuate your beautiful features. And for this post, we’ll start with the eyes! With a myriad of eyeshadow palettes and current beauty trends to choose, the task of finding the right colors can be daunting. However, there are a few styles that remain timeless and versatile for any stylish look that you’re striving to convey. And here, we’re zeroing in on the SMOKEY EYE effect.
The smokey eye is a long-time favorite amongst the A-list celebrity crowd (see Kim Kardashian’s version above). It creates a deep and sultry look, bringing a sensual dose of romanticism when paired with a beautiful dress. The key to this particular look is focusing in adding drama to the eyes, while keeping other makeup areas to a bare minimum, like a light gloss for your lips and soft rouge for your cheeks. Here’s our list of must-have beauty products and tools to accomplish this smokey eye effect:
1. Models Own Smokey Eye Kit by Asos
2. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Volume Effet Faux Cils Noir Radical’ Mascara
3. Stila Smudge Pot Gel Eyeliner
4. Eylure Naturalites Double Lashes
5. NARS Night Collection Eyeshadow -Night Rider
6. Stila cosmetics – jewel eye shadow
7. Nars Primer
8. Sephora Collection Pro Natural Dome Smudge Brush #13
9. Sephora Collection Pro Oval Blending Brush #27
Steps to achieving the smokey eye look:
1. First prep your eyelids by applying a few tiny dabs of Nars Primer over them, making sure to rub in a circular motion, allowing your skin to absorb the cream.
2. Line both the top and bottom rims with eyeliner, blending around with a smudging eyeliner tool.
3. Apply the darkest shadow hue around the lids and bottom rims of eyes. Make sure to use a blending blush to even and soften out the color.
4. Apply a small hint of white shimmering eyeshadow right below the brow area, near the highest part of your brow arch.
5. Finish off with a few generous swipes of voluminous black mascara for ultimate dramaticism!