1) Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain – A fabulous ALL-DAY lip stain in a bunch of great colors. Wear it as a matte or shine it up with some gloss…it stays on until you take it off. $13.00 at Sephora.com.
2) Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – There’s nothing a girl hates more than a greasy makeup remover. Try these refreshing towelettes… it removes makeup in a snap and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clean without any greasy residue. $6.99 at Neutrogena.com.
3) Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser –If a towelette isn’t enough, try this foaming cleanser not only to get squeaky-clean skin, but to also prevent breakouts. It’s gentle, oil-free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic. $7.99 at Ulta.com.
4) Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 – After all that cleansing you need a moisturizer. How about a two-in-one with a little tint of color: just enough for those summer days and nights? With tons of shades, you’ll surely find the right tone for your complexion. $43.00 at Sephora.com.
5) Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield with SPF 30 – Great as a primer! Apply evenly under your makeup for a smooth, even, moisturizing look and feel while protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. $65.00 at Sephora.com.
6) Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm – Nourish those puckers with a hint of color. We love Burt’s Bees and their fabulous products. This lip balm comes in 11 luscious colors that are sheer and wearable for everyday. $7.00 at Burtsbees.com.
7) Lancome Difinicils Waterpoof Mascara – No running mascara for you when you get out of the pool with the best mascara on the planet. Application is smooth and gradual for a perfect finish that lasts. $27.50 at Lancome-usa.com
8) Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights - In the summer, a bronzer brings it all together. This awesome bronzer with five shimmering shades in one will give you the perfect sun-kissed look. $32.00 at Sephora.com.
9) Moroccanoil Treatment – Argon oil has swept the nation and is the perfect treatment for your hair this summer. Use for styling, conditioning or finishing to keep your hair moisturized in the heat. $43.00 at Moroccanoil.com.
10) Demeter “Salt Air” Fragrance Spray – Last but not least…a scent to accentuate the season. We are just crushing on this cologne spray from Demeter…its light, sweet and will make you feel like you’re on a desert island. $20.00 (1.0 fl oz) at Demeterfragrance.com.
What’s not to love about the beautiful Janel Parrish of the hit show “Pretty Little Liars”? Not only is she fiercely talented, but she rocks a personal fashion style worth coveting for the Prom 2014 season. We’re so pleased to have this beautiful dame on board as a special collaboration…we couldn’t think of a more perfect fit. With that gorgeous face, sassy personality and overall fresh vibe, she stands as a favorite for many teens looking for true style inspiration. And for our Annual Prom Queen Search with Seventeen Magazine, we were ecstatic to have her as our guest judge…but we were even more floored when she came to our Camille La Vie boutique at the Glendale Galleria in this decadent little lace number with all the hot design trimmings. This dress fit her like a magical glove, and at first glance, customers gravited directly to the racks where this dress was hanging, determined to cop the Janel Parrish look. But rest assured, there’s more to pass along! Get this dress now, just in time for prom or any fabulous social affair!
There are many essential factors to consider when it comes to prom preparation. You have to give yourself ample time for your prom dress hunt (with accessories and shoes to match), find the perfect date, book arrangements in advance for limo drivers, professional photographers, after-party venues, etc…all while keeping up with your schoolwork, homework, possible part-time job and every other activity your busy self is involved in! It can be exciting, while overwhelming and stressful at the same time. And when we get caught up in our hectic schedules striving to maintain our “To Do” lists, it’s easy to overlook other important factors that we should be keeping in mind: healthy eating and good nutritional habits. With our lives always on the go, it may seem hard to squeeze in time for health-conscious meal preparations. So to make things easier, we’ve rounded up 9 Fab Tips for nutritional success. Because in the long run, maintaining a consistent healthy diet and lifestyle will give you more energy, stabilize your “inner zen” and help you check off your “To Do” lists more fabulously! And the bonus, you’ll look and feel awesome on your prom night (SCORE)!
- Set out your goals for success. We’ve mapped this out in 3 parts:
- Simplify. Don’t overly concern yourself with calorie counting and measuring your meal portions – it’s an unnecessary stress that you should not worry about. Envision a healthy diet comprised of fresh, natural ingredients in a variety of colors.
- Start off slow and make gradual changes over time. You can’t expect to change your eating habits completely overnight. It’s not realistic to create immediate restrictions on yourself (this could lead to diet cheating or giving up full force). Baby steps are key, like switching to extra virgin olive oil, rather than butter, having a robust salad full of colorful veggies with a light dressing as your meal, having a fresh bowl of fruit as opposed to ice cream, cake or cookies for dessert. Consistent small changes will become habit as you continue to include healthier options to your diet.
- Make it a long-term goal. Don’t fret about giving up your favorite indulgences completely. Keep in mind that moderation is key. The ultimate goal is to feel more awesome and energized, so every healthy meal option you choose will make a difference!
- Keep everything in moderation. (Or in other words maintain a healthy balance) You shouldn’t cut out your favorite foods “cold turkey” and make it off-limits (that’s pretty depressing), but strike a balance by eating less of the unhealthy elements (saturated fats, refined sugar and simple carbs) and eating more of the healthy elements (colorful vegetables, fruits, proteins like chicken and salmon and complex carbs). Think of moderation as this: if you want to have your bacon for breakfast, follow it up that day with a healthy lunch like salad and a piece of fruit and for dinner, perhaps grilled salmon and steamed veggies.
- Consider not just what you eat, but how you eat. To avoid mindless overeating, try to make it a habit to eat in the company of others when possible. This will help in creating healthier eating habits – plus you’ll enjoy mealtimes a whole lot more without rushing through meals. It’s also important to be more in tune with your body’s signals to ensure that you’re getting all the proper amounts of nutrition. Stop eating before you feel uncomfortably full and never let yourself go thirsty by keeping a bottle of water always by your side. Another good habit is to eat breakfast to jump start your metabolism, then follow it up throughout the day with numerous small meals to maintain your metabolism and energy levels. Avoid eating before bedtime and try to eat dinner earlier in the evening. This dietary adjustment will benefit your digestive system, while regulating your weight.
- Fill yourself up on colorful fruits and vegetables. These are the foundation of a nutritious diet because they are low in calories, while being nutrient dense. In other words, they’re jam packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber…major building blocks to a healthy physique both inside and out! And remember the brighter the fruit and vegetable, the better! And keep in mind different vegetables contain different benefits so be sure to consume a variety of them! Five portions a day are key!
- Eat whole grains and healthy carbs. Healthy carbohydrates and fiber like whole grains creates long-lasting energy. And along with being delicious and satisfying to our taste buds, they also contain loads of antioxidants and phytochemicals to guard us against diseases later in life like heart disease, certain cancers and diabetes. And if you’re not sure how to differentiate unhealthy from healthy carbs, here’s a quick and simple break down:
- Healthy carbs: whole grains, beans, fruits and vegetables. Because these are digested more slowly, you’ll feel full longer, while stabilizing your blood sugar and insulin levels
- Unhealthy carbs: white flour, refined sugar and white rice that have been stripped of all their good elements (bran, fiber and nutrients). Digestion is much quicker, which causes major spikes in blood sugar levels and energy.
- Know the difference between healthy & unhealthy fats. A good source of healthy fats help to nourish your brain, heart and cells, while nourishing our hair, skin and nails. Here’s another solid breakdown to separate the good from the bad:
- Healthy fats: (monounsaturated fats) plant-derived oils like olive, coconut and canola oils, as well as avocados, nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios) and seeds (like pumpkin and sesame). (Polyunsaturated fats like Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, found in hearty fish like salmon, herring and halibut. Other good sources are unheated sunflower, corn, flaxseed oils and soybeans.)
- Unhealthy fats: saturated fats from animal sources including red meat and whole milk dairy products, as well as trans fats including butter, processed foods containing hydrogenated vegetable oils, as well as candies, cookies, snack foods, chips and those evil deep fried foods.
- Include a variety of protein in your diet. Protein is another major energy source that our body needs for it to thrive. They’re also crucial in maintaining healthy cells, tissues and organs. A diet lacking of adequate protein can lead to reduced muscle mass, while weakening our immune systems. And if you think protein comes strictly from animal sources, think again! Here’s a healthy variety of different types of protein you can include in your meals. And the bonus (you can create really quick, simple yet tasty dishes with this list). Protein sources are broken down into Beans (black, navy, garbanzo beans and lentils), Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pecans), Soy (tofu, soy milk, tempeh and veggie burgers). Consume these in healthy moderation and avoid dousing these sources in heavy amounts of salt.
- Drink plenty of water. Keeping yourself hydrated with plenty of helpings of fresh water throughout the day is ESSENTIAL. Water not only keeps bloat at bay but also acts as a major tool for proper digestion. You can also consider it as the main transporter of the healthy foods you eat. Water streams all the nutrients you consume into your bloodstream.
- Limit your salt and sugar intake. It’s no surprise that salt can contribute to high blood pressure, strokes and other main health issues. Avoid processed and pre-packaged foods like canned soups, boxed meals and frozen dinners that are jam-packed with sodium. Also, keep in mind that eating out can also pose as a major culprit…this can be difficult to monitor as many restaurant menus don’t always come with a list of nutrition facts per dish. So ask for your meal without salt or just a pinch. Sugar is another pesky one that can cause weight gain and even more serious complications like diabetes so it needs to be carefully consumed in proper amounts. Avoid sugary drinks like sodas and artificial fruit juices. A good practice is to sweeten your meal options yourself (like plain Greek yogurt, unsweetened tea and unflavored oatmeal), maintaining keen portion control. Also consume more naturally sweet food like fruits, peppers and peanut butter instead of cookies, cakes and candies.
Stay focused and fabulous, loves…your mind and body will thank you!
Camera, flash, selfie! Prom night will be full of photo-ops so don’t miss out the chance to pose like a pro and turn these fun times into even more awesome memories! Between your parents, friends, and the school photographer you will be in at least 100 pictures by the end of the night so make sure all of these can be deemed Instagram worthy! How can you do this? Follow our suggestions to getting the right pose down for your body and your dress! Showcasing your stunning figure and the gorgeous details in your dress will be your first priority, So, here are some of the poses we’ve seen on the celebrity red carpets that we think are the most flattering to the body and your dress:
1) The One-foot forward: this pose looks as though you are about to take a step; it’s more of an in motion picture. It’s very elegant and sophisticated.
2) The cross-legged pose: standing like this especially in heels can be tricky, make sure you have your balance and simply stand straight to the camera while crossing one foot in front of the other. This gives you a long lean line from head to toe!
3) Over the shoulder: this pose works really great if you have a one-shoulder dress or a gown with must-see back design. When striking this pose you almost have to turn away from the camera and only twist your face and one arm/shoulder back over to get the “over the shoulder” look!
4) Legs apart: this stance looks great in a short tight prom dress. Standing in a wide powerful stance and shifting weight to your hips looks hot! Play with your body’s shapes and angles in this position and don’t forget to smile to the camera!
Once you get these poses down by practicing in the mirror (which we definitely recommend!) These are the final Do’s and Don’ts when posing as a starlet for the night!
2) Keep your chin up
3) Watch your posture; stay tall
4) Have Confidence it’s a must! This is the number one thing that will translate in all of your pictures, besides your beautiful face and killer dress of course!
5) Use your arms to create pretty angles and unique poses
6) Use the hip trick; stick out a hip lean back a bit… tall, slender, and beautiful!
7) Show that you’re having fun
1) Show your profile, people want to see your face and sometimes your profile can be unflattering depending on the light and shadows that it casts.
2) Turn your body away from the camera. That is unless you are going for the over the shoulder pose!
3) Trip on your dress, this is never never good! Be sure your dress looks just as flawless as you will in these pics!
Follow our red-carpet approved poses and look amazing in all of your prom pictures!