Fortunately that time of year has peeked it’s pretty head again – the preparation for summer 2012! Are you excited?! Well we sure are. And while we’re prepping our figures to slip into those summer strapless dresses to show a bit more skin with longer sessions at the gym, a healthier nutrition plan and more guzzles of that trusty H20 for a more radiate complexion, we’re also in the process of drafting a special wish list of our 2012 beauty essentials! After many shopping trips here and there to test out these products, we are now proclaiming our love for these beauty must-have items. Here’s our fabulous round-up of luscious products guaranteed to kick start the summer season in fresh style (starting counter-clockwise):
1. Caudalie Beauty Elixir $18: With a few spritzes of this elixir (don’t you love that word, ee-lix-ir?), you’ll instantly feel transcended into a cool and invigorating state of bliss (for maybe about a few minutes or until you feel the urge for another heavenly spray). The scent of herbs offer an almost zen-like spa feel as it not only smells amazing but also tightens your pores and stimulates microcirculation. 2. Neon Yellow Nail Polish $6: We’re all for bright and vibrant colors when it comes to our dresses, but with the warm and sunny weather comes the need for an even brighter pop of color. This neon yellow nail polish hue by American Apparel is the perfect little addition to your summer wardrobe. And if you’re a gal who loves wearing white dresses or light neutral outfits, then this would be the perfect compliment for an added touch of pazazz. Watch your nails glow even brighter under direct sunlight. 3. Essie Poppy Razzi Nail Polish $8: And if you’re a lover of all things pretty in pink, then you might just adore this bright neon pink from Essie’s special collection – we sure do! Our suggestion is to keep the rest of your look to a chic minimum when wearing a hot and vivid color like this one. 4. POP Beauty “Nail Glam” Nail Polish $10: Bright neons might not fit everyone’s taste, but coral is definitely a crowd-pleasing favorite – it sure is in our beauty department. This nail color not only works for summer but can certainly transition into the fall season, where neons might not. It’s definitely one of the top on our have-to-grab beauty list. 5. Moroccan Oil $38: With warm and humid weather, comes the dreaded hair frizz. So finding the perfect product to tame our tresses might seem like a daunting task. However, our locks are in love with Moroccan Oil. After giving it a few test runs, we fell head over heels for this hair product. We’re sure you’ll be pleased too. 6. Nars Body Glow $69: Although we strive for that rich and supple olive-toned complexion for the summer, we all know that basking under those hot and searing ultra-violet rays is no good for our skin. So this yummy and dewey body glow by Nars is the perfect and fail-safe option. You’ll look radiate and your skin will definitely thank you. 7. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray $24: If you’re a fan of those natural beach-like wavy locks (picture a vintage shot of Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon), you can definitely achieve this look without a single trip to the beach. Simply spray onto your damp hair, tie up into two “Chun-li” style buns for 10 minutes and blow dry briefly, then let it go and notice your waves in action! You’ll even achieve some wave by simply air-drying in the warm and summery weather. 8. Evian Facial Spray $7: We recommend this bottle of wonder in conjunction with Caudalie. If you don’t want to use up that “spa-in-a-bottle” beauty elixir too fast, you can always whip out your Evian Spray. It costs less than Caudalie, while still giving you that much-needed refreshing pick-me-up. Keep it mind that this is pretty much the unscented version. 9. Clinique Chubby Stick $16: Unless you’re prepping for a summer night affair, this moisturizing lip balm is the perfect product for your day events. It comes in a slew of pretty neutral hues (we suggest Mega Melon or Mighty Mimosa) and is quite long-lasting 10. Bioderma Sensibio H20 $30: If you’re in search for the most reliable makeup remover and fresh facial cleansing solution without harsh perfumes, then look no further. This magical products enables dirt to be emulsified, while soothing your skin with cucumber extract. Other added benefits? It’s non detergent, non-foaming and completely soap free – au naturale in a bottle to say the least.
So that’s a little round-up of great beauty essentials, but we’ll surely be adding more to our wish list (stay tuned for another beauty post). Until then, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS! Leave us a comment below and let us know what summer products you can’t live without and leave a link to where we can snag it. We need to add to our shopping list roster!
Camille La Vie is your go-to Prom stylist!
We’d like to introduce you to the most fabulous dress with the most color… our pretty painted high-low beauty with multi-colored beaded bodice. It’s sexy. It’s chic. It’s just what you want to make a statement at Prom or any occasion. We put together this stunning group of “must-haves” to dress up the look.
#1 Lorac – Lips with benefits in color: Alex-berry has swirls of color that will highlight your lips.
#2 Sephora’s Kat Von D – True Romance Eyeshadow Palette bears the perfect hues for this dress and complements all the colors. Wear them all with the blue mini eyeliner packed in this fabulous palette.
#3 The New Black – Ombre 5-Piece Nail Polish Set is the perfect match for any colorful ensemble. Can’t find the right color? Wear them all with this fabulous ombre look.
#4 Bring out the pink in our cute Sondra Roberts soft clutch bag that takes on some bling with its large stone clasp.
#5 Our High-Heel T-Strap Rhinestone Sandal will look great as the high of this high-low shows it off. Take a closer look…the rhinestone flower mimics the beaded floral design in the dress bodice. They were made for each other.
#6 You can also match the shine and shimmer of the shoe with an all-over silver sequin soft clutch bag…it will add a bit more sparkle to your outfit.
Camille La Vie Beauty Product Favorites!
Everyone already knows we’re fashion fanatics at Camille La Vie, but did you know that we are also major beauty addicts as well? There’s a common theme that radiates throughout our offices on a daily basis. One is most certainly prom dresses…one shoulder dresses…strapless dresses…luxurious chiffon dresses…rhinestone platform sandals…evening bag clutches…and did we mention dresses LOL? The other usually involves a recap of our recent shopping escapades, which usually entail a worthwhile trip to Sephora or some happy beauty or skin department. Even finding the perfect makeup remover at Walgreens or Duane Reade simply makes our day. And with all the chatter going on in our office about what skin care or beauty product is really worth it, we really thought it was due time to share our finds and profess our love for our favorite beauty essentials with our fans. Here’s our round-up of must-haves chosen by our lovely fashionistas at Camille La Vie.
The nine beauty products that we need in our lives and why:
1. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals All-Over Face Color (in Warmth) ($19): “If I had to choose one product in my beauty arsenal, it would have to be this bronzer! It gives my skin a natural and luminescent glow. I whip up a few sweeps on my cheeks, chin and forehead and the result is remarkable – and the best part is it’s so light and weightless, so it feels like I have nothing on. No cakey after effects with this amazing powder.”
4. Neutrogena Makeup Remover ($4.99): “In the past I’ve tried many makeup removers but was so disappointed as some were very oily or it didn’t remove makeup very well and still had to wash and scrub up with some kind of facial soap. This makeup remover is fantastic! The moist towelettes are soaked in a cool liquid lotion that cleans in one or two swoops. It moisturizes as it cleans and leaves your eyes, lips and face fresh as if you just washed it. I love using it before bed but also use it in the morning before the shower as a cool pick me up. It’s a great product.”
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF15 ($12.99): “Daily facial moisturizers can be so heavy on the skin if you don’t choose the right one. Every morning I use Aveeno Positively Radiant daily moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and has no oily or thick texture or feel. It cools the skin and hydrates the skin perfectly before you apply makeup. I tend to have very sensitive problematic skin. My Dermatologist told me to start using Aveeno to cleanse and moisturize and have been for many years…my skin has never been so hydrated and even in tone.”
Bermuda Triangle Undereye Corrector with Orchid Extract ($22): “I always had a problem with dark circles and even more now that I’m getting older. I’ve tried many concealers but always felt it didn’t camouflage anything but look white and dry on my skin. I recently found a concealer that covers the dark circles evenly without looking caked on. Sue Devitt Bermuda Triangle Camouflage Concealer is a soft, creamy concealer that spreads evenly and blends with your natural skin color. It covers the dark circles better than any product I’ve ever used.”
9. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette ($50): “This is a MUST BUY NOW type of product. Run to Sephora and get this eyeshadow palette. Great for every day and evening. The colors are neutral with a hint of fabulous shimmer and color. I wear all the colors and mix and match certain colors together to achieve different looks. I will brush on the neutral browns with a light shimmery top lid for work during the day and for night will give myself a smokey eye using the dark plum colors with black. The brush has two different ends…one for brushing on and blending and one for thin lines. I normally use a lotion-based primer to set the eyeshadow but you don’t have to. The pigments stay on all day. This palette also comes with a mild, tinted lip plumper that enhances your lips natural color and gives you a tiny bit of a poof in your lips. Love, love, love it!”
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($18): “I’ve always been in search for the perfect product to instantly boost and rejuvenate my skin, whether it’s after a long day at the office, spending a whole day out and about in NYC or even a morning pick-me-up. I simply whip out my Caudalie and give myself a few spritzes on my face and I feel completely refreshed! It’s even becoming a popular product here in the office. When 4pm rolls in, we all say, “It’s Caudalie Time!” and happily spray each other! It’s instantly uplifting with the natural scent of sweet herbals and extracts. It even works incredibly as a toner. I spray this before I apply my makeup and it really helps in tightening my pores. Even after I apply my makeup, I spray a little bit more on and it gives a supple, dewey effect to my makeup. It’s a must. Definitely. A. Must.”
7.Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner ($9.99): “I’m a huge fan of the cat eye look. It doesn’t matter what the occasion is, I always apply this sweeping look to my eyes for day or night. The gel liner really lasts throughout the day and with the wand tool, I can control how much I want to apply and how high I want the cat slick to be. For day, I go for a more sleek and thin cat eye liner and for night, I thicken it up a bit for a more dramatic, sultry look. The major bonus is that it’s only about $10!”
Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm ($16):“After discovering this a few months ago, I have officially sworn off all forms of lip balms, glosses and chapsticks. This works as a lipstick, gloss and soothing moisturizer all in one. They come in a variety of colors (I’m determined to collect all of them) but the one color that I love the most is the MEGA MELON. It’s great for day and I even swipe some on over my Nars Red Lizard lipstick for added shine and softness.”
6. Prestige Lipliner in Spice ($4.32): “I was on vacation in Dublin, Ireland and was in desperate need for a new lipliner as my current one sadly ran out. I walked into the nearest drugstore to find a replacement and stumbled upon this amazing little beauty essential. The spice color works so well with my auburn locks and porcelain skin and I love how it transitions well into all seasons. It’s versatile and I never leave home without it.”
Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs ($30): “What’s not to love about this luxuriously smooth cream. It provides an ample amount of moisture to my skin with only a few dabs per day. It’s long-lasting and the smell is so sweet and soothing. In the past, I found myself experimenting with many different facial moisturizers and creams, only to be completely disappointed with the oily, shiny residue it leaves behind. This product had none of that. I love Clarins!”
We have a little confession to make. Here at Camille La Vie, we can’t seem to shake off this daily office distraction (or what we actually deem as a little gift from the fashion gods). I think you’re all aware of this pesky addiction called PINTEREST. And if you haven’t started pinning yet, you’re seriously missing out on some major eye-candy heaven. We’re still fairly new to this phenomenal photo-sharing network, but are vastly becoming passionate Pinterest fashion aficionados. Currently, our boards consist of our Polyvore fashion collages, current prom dresses and our “Camille La Vie TV” video clips. But rest assured that we’ll be adding a plethora of more inspiration boards in the next few days. We’re planning to add on our wedding dresses and bridal collection, homecoming dresses, quinceanera dresses and cocktail dresses into the mix, as well as our fabulous platform shoes and accessories – of course, making sure to put on our stylist hats as we introduce our items in a fashion editorial style. And if that wasn’t enough we’ll also be introducing complementary boards to give you inspiration on how to complete your look from head to toe (literally) as we’ll be pinning our favorite images relating to makeup how-tos, hairstyles like how to achieve that intricate updo, summery ombre hair or perhaps the best wavy locks. And to top it off there will definitely be some lovely DIY beauty tutorials that we’re sure you’ll love. Stay tuned for more of our Camille La Vie pins and boards! We’ll be flooding your fashion feed momentarily…but trust us, it’ll be worth it. Please be sure to follow us our Pinterest here!
And just as reminder, we’re sort of becoming full-fledged social media addicts in a larger sense. So if you haven’t already done so, come join the conversations with on our other fabulous platforms:
1. Like US on Facebook (We have some amazing goodies to giveaway and great posts to share)
2. Reblog with us on Tumblr (Yep, we’re also loyal Tumblr addicts!)
3. Follow our Tweets (we update second by second!)
4. Check out our collages on Polyvore
5. Follow our pretty pics on We Heart IT
6. Share pics with us on Instagram
7. Find us on Google Catalogs
8. Watch our fashion video footage on YouTube