Every year girls go crazy trying to find the perfect dress that will make prom one to remember. But what’s perfect to one girl might not be for another. With so many options out there, how do you possibly find the right one? That’s where Camille La Vie comes to the rescue! No matter your size, shape, or specific body type, that amazing dress is out there waiting for you. The key to finding the right dress is to understand what works and what doesn’t for your body shape. You want a dress that will highlight all the features you love and hide all the ones you don’t. So it is important to match your body type with a dress that will make you look absolutely stunning. Here are a few tips that will help you with your search:
Hourglass Body Type
The hourglass, or X shape, body has shoulders and hips that are about the same size and has a defined waist.Girls with this body type will want a look that shows off your smaller waist and broadens the shoulders to draw attention up to the face. You will want to highlight those amazing curves, not hide them under a ton of fabric. To do so, mermaid shape gowns that hugs all over curves and then flares out at the bottom are the way to go. This style will highlight all those amazing features just beautiful!
Petite Body Type
For girls with petite body types it’s important to show off your tiny shape, not hide it! Your small frame will get lost in long, puffy, ball-gown like dresses. They will overpower your body and make you feel like you’re drowning in the dress. Instead opt for a short hemline style. Short prom dresses are the best at showing off your amazing shape, highlighting all of your fabulous features. And if short isn’t your thing, go for a knee length dress which is also a great cut for petite girls. Bottom line: keep it short, keep it sweet and get ready to have a great night!
Pear Body Type
If your body type is pear shaped, you’ll definitely want a look that highlights everything from the waist up. To do this, find things that will draw attention to your upper body like beaded embellishments and lace. It also is important to find a gown where the bust is fitted to create a balance between the upper and lower parts of your body. Full skirts that flare out at the bottom are also great features. All these styles combine will show off all your best features at prom!
Rectangular Body Type
Girls with a rectangular body type have more of a “boyish” figure, with the hips and shoulders pretty much being the same width. Basically these girls don’t have much of a waist, so it is important to find a dress that creates the illusion of a waist that doesn’t emphasize the lack of one. To draw attention away from the waist and towards the face, prom dresses that have a lot of detail on the top are a good choice. Another option are dresses that cinch at the waist or ones with a different color on the top than the bottom. All of these styles will help make you look great!
Apple Body Type
When trying to find a gown for your beautiful apple shaped body, go for an empire waist. Solid bold color dresses that have an empire waist look great on girls who have more of an apple shaped body. They emphasize the bust and flare out below creating a style that is sure to look great on you!
The perfect prom dress is out there. You now have great tips that will help you match your body type to the right dress. So go out there and find that dress that will make you look amazing on prom night.
Award season is finally coming to an end. All over the Internet you can see your favorite celebrities wearing star-studded outfits. This year feel like you stepped off the red carpet with a celebrity inspired dress. Having trouble trying to find something that looks red carpet worthy? No need to stress out over this. We have taken the time to do all the work for you! After scouring loads of celebirty looks and matching them the latest hottest trends we picked out the dresses that are sure to rock your prom. And searching throughout our wide selection; we have found dresses that match these amazing styles.
Hot this season are prints in pretty colors and the red carpet is full of them! Print style dresses are a great way to release the inner artist within you. They are a daring choice sure to wow everyone at prom. What makes both of these dresses great is the simple yet eye-catching detail. The elegant white chiffon pleated skirt on both of these gowns make the vivid and bold colors pop and shine. And each design totally rocks the one shoulder look enhancing all of your fabulous features. Game of Thrones and Hunger Games star Natalie Dormer absolutely owned this look at the 2015 SAG awards and you can too! STEAL HER STYLE
The crop top trend is everywhere and one divine person that definitely nailed this look is Taylor Swift. From the Grammy’s to the Oscars this A-list star has been seen all over wearing fabulous crop top-dresses. Our prom collection has a number of fabulous two-piece prom dresses, but there’s one in particular that totally matches Taylor Swift’s red carpet look. Both dresses have a beautiful two-tone hue that perfectly combines elegant white and bold black, while maintaining that popular two-piece look. What makes our dress great for prom is the illusion empire waist that is perfect if you are looking for a more demure and elegant look. STEAL HER STYLE
Everything about these two dresses makes them perfect for the red carpet and prom! Both have a stunning plunging neckline that will show off anyone’s fabulous features. But what makes these looks stand out the most is the beautiful detailed work on the top half. While Modern family star Sarah Hyland’s dress has a bit more embellishment, our dress perfectly combines elegant lace and dazzling beaded rhinestones making it an even better look for prom! STEAL HER STYLE
For those not so faint in fashion hearts, you will LOVE this bold and oh so daring style by Kate Hudson. But we’re aware that it does touch upon some risque factors not suitable for prom, so we made sure to pull a style from our Camille La Vie racks that coveys the curvaceous elements like Hudson’s, while maintaining pure elegance…and a little more appropriates doses of sparkle. Show off your figure with our beautiful version and glide through prom with the greatest of style ease. STYLE HER STYLE
A girl’s hair can be a work of art. However, sometimes that work of art has a mind of its own or takes hours to create. Every girl’s hair is different in its own way, whether it is thick curly hair or thin straight hair. Trying to maintain your hair might seem hard and expensive. However, this list contains the top 10 hair tips that every girl should know. It shows ways to manage frizz, to create perfect and easy hairstyles and give you tips on how to take care of your hair at night so you don’t have to worry about it in the morning. Follow these simple, essential steps ahead of time and you’ll have gleaming, beautiful locks just in time for prom. You’ll also make your gorgeous prom dress stand out even more, not only with shimmering accessories to match, but a new healthy do as the ideal complement!
1. Perfect beachy waves: After washing your hair, add about a dime-size drop of a light mouse, like Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble, and put your hair into a nice big braid. It is best to leave the braid in overnight, but you can also undo it after a few hours. Once the braid is undone you are left with perfect waves with body and volume!
2. Know the purpose of your brush: It is important to know the different types of brushes and what their purpose is. For example, large round brushes are perfect for straightening while small round brushes are great for adding curls.
3. Swap a towel for a t-shirt: To help get rid of frizzy hair, stop drying your hair with a towel and switch to a t-shirt. Towel drying can causes split ends and breakage. However, the smoothness of a t-shirt will cause less friction when drying which leads to fewer frizzes.
4. Start in the middle when curling: Ever have problems with your curls not lasting long? Instead of curling your hair at the ends, start at the middle because it will help you hair stay wavy a lot longer.
5. Use cool air to get that hairstyle to stay: It is common to just rely on warm air when styling your hair. However, if you want your hairstyle to last, switch between using warm and cold air. This will help lock your hairstyle in all day long.
6. Move bangs away: Are you growing out your bangs but tired of them getting in the way? Just simply French braid your bangs to the side to easily get them out of the way.
7. Dry Shampoo is a must: Every girl should have a bottle of dry shampoo on hand because it will save so much time when getting ready. After showering at night, divide your hair into two loose buns with a scrunchie. In the morning remove the buns and comb out your hair. They apply the dry shampoo like Dove Refresh and Care to the roots, wait a few minutes and then comb out your hair and you are ready to go.
8. Turn bobby pins into a fashionable accessory: If you are usually pulling back your hair with bobby pins, choose pins that contrast with your hair color. Then use those pins to make a triangle in the back. This will give you an instant hair accessory.
9. Boost up your roots: Do you have thin straight hair and looking to give it some volume? Just flip your hair upside down and blow dry from the roots while wet.
10. Use a flat iron to curl: Don’t own a curling iron or don’t have the time to use it? Well if you have a flat iron, just simply separate you hair into about 6 braids (depending on how thick your hair is) and then heat the braids with a flat iron. Once you undo the braids, you should have nice curly hair.
Hey prom girls! It’s time to get your shopping on and score this year’s must-have prom dress for that extra special event. If you haven’t started yet, you will probably wanna do some major shopping on ONE SPECIAL NIGHT. Come to our Prom Night Out event (tomorrow, March 5th)…you definitely don’t wanna miss this! See below for complete details:
THURSDAY, MARCH 5th for One Night Only, take 20% OFF your dress purchase*
- Live models showing the hottest styles
- Delicious sips and sweets
- A DJ spinning the latest beats
Plus a FREE GIFT with your dress purchase**
Shop in store (Camille La Vie and Group USA stores)
Thurs, March 5th from 6pm till close of store
Or online using promo code
at http://www.CLV.com from 6pm to Midnight
*20% OFF entire purchase of all regular priced merchandise and accessories on 3-5-15 only from 6:00 PM until close of business day. Cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer. Good for merchandise only and may not be used for previous purchases, services or gift cards. May not be redeemed for cash or cash equivalents. **DJ at select stores. FREE GIFT valued at $10 only with a dress purchase on March 5, 2015 from 6:00PM until close of business day, while supplies last. Excludes stores in Puerto Rico.