You might be wondering how you are going to get your skin to look perfect for prom. Don’t stress out! Getting your skin to look clean and glowing is actually a lot easier and cheaper than you think. Don’t go crazy trying to buy all of these products at top dollar to help cleanse your skin. By following these six simple steps you can have the glowing skin you’ve always dreamed of in no time! And with prom night getting close, you’ll surely achieve those goals if you get started now.
1. Start with Steam. The steam from taking a hot shower can help open your pores so you can get all of the gunk out of your skin and let the good stuff in.
2. Drink up! Water is definitely your friend if you want beautiful glowing skin. Even just the slightest dehydration can cause your skin to look dull. Water can help give your skin a natural glow and helps eliminate the puffiness underneath your eyes. So make sure you drink lots of water weeks before prom so your skin is perfect for the big day.
3. Sleep, Sleep and more Sleep: Lack of sleep can be extremely detrimental for your skin. It can leave behind dark circles and bags, which is definitely not what you want on prom night. While you sleep, your skin is being restored and renewed from the day’s wear and tear. It can help improve the texture of you skin and give it that supple, gorgeous glow. Make sure you develop an appropriate sleeping schedule (at least 8 hours of sleep a night) before prom.
4. Green Tea: Drinking a cup of tea every night a couple of weeks before prom is a cheap and easy way to get glowing skin. The antioxidants in green tea help to flush out toxins and keep your body hydrated.
5. Don’t forget to exfoliate! Make sure you exfoliate once or twice a week for a couple of weeks before prom. Your body is shedding skin cells all the time so it is important to get rid of dead skin or else it will end up looking dull and dry. Use products like Clean & Clear Advantage 3-1 Exfoliating cleanser for your face and Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash to help give your skin a glowing look.
6. Give Your Skin Oxygen: Spend some time every day doing some exercises to help improve your skin. The increased oxygen supply to your blood stream during exercise helps improve your complexion and gives you an instant glow.
So dish the thought of having to buy high-end, expensive skin products to get that glow. All it takes is some natural healing and detoxifying methods in a set routine and a couple trusty skincare items at a fraction of the cost of those luxury brands and you’re good to go!
As a girl, getting ready for prom can be a complicated task. Guys have it easy: rent a tux, buy a corsage and have little prep work the day of prom. But for girls it is a different story. Getting the perfect prom look could take lots of time and preparation. There is finding the dress, shoes, the makeup and hairstyles to complete the look. With so many things to think about, prom can be a very overwhelming time. That is where this list is here to help. Here are 10 easy beauty tips to help get you ready for prom and have a great night!
1. Find the right moisturizer: Finding the right moisturizer for your exact skin type can do wonders to make your skin smooth and shiny. Imperialis from Lush Cosmetics is a perfect moisturizer that works for basically all skin types. All of their products are handmade and consist of all natural ingredients. No harmful chemicals are added to their products, making your skin look healthy and smooth.
2. Start whitening your teeth early. The perfect smile can make all the difference at prom. It is important to start whitening you teeth at least two weeks before prom to achieve those pearly whites. Products like Crest White Strips work great and are easy to use.
3. Freeze your makeup: Once you apply you foundation and makeup on your eyes and cheek, stick your face in the freezer for about 20 seconds. Now you might be thinking “why on earth would I put my face in the freezer?” Your makeup will essentially “freeze” to your face, making it last longer then usual.
4. Clean up your brows: Some might get their brows done the day of or before prom but this is a bad idea. Some girls might have sensitive skin and will get red marks that take sometime to go away. About one week before prom will give you enough time to get them done and look great for the big night.
5. Finding the best hairstyle: Months before prom, schedule a “practice” session with you hairstylist. It might happen that the hairstyle you picked doesn’t look exactly the way you thought it would. Getting a practice run will give you an idea how your hair will turn out, saving you from a potential mistake.
6. Getting the perfect tan: While most people book multiple tanning bed sessions before prom, this can eventually damage you skin. Spray tans are a healthier option to get that perfect glowing skin for prom. Take some time to find the right spray tan for your skin like Neutrogena Micromist.
7. Hydrate your hair: Dry and damaged hair not only doesn’t look good but it can cause problems when styling your hair. Use a leave-in conditioner like Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip from Garnier Fructis. This will leave you hair super soft and hydrated without weighing it down.
8. Highlight your eyes OR your mouth: One of the biggest mistakes you can make is putting on too much makeup. Have a nice clean look by highlighting either your eyes or lips. If you focus on lips try a bright color like red or pink from Estee Lauder. If you want to make your eyes pop instead, go all out with liner, shadow and mascara. Maybelline makes a variety of great products to help get the right look for your eyes.
9. Use a good deodorant: This is especially important if you are going to be dancing the night away at prom. A product like Dove Go Fresh doesn’t leave white marks and it will keep you smelling fresh all night long!
10. Pick the right shoes: Having the right shoes is an important part of preparing for prom. Not only do you want shoes that look good but also feel good. You are going to be walking around a lot and dancing so you want shoes that aren’t going to hurt your feet.
Master these TEN TIPS and you’ll be ready to party the night away at Prom…and feel absolutely fresh ‘n fabulous from head to toe!
XO, Camille La Vie
Although a floor-sweeping long dress is the classic way to go when it comes to your Prom night, there’s nothing wrong with switching it up a bit for a gorgeous short number. It’s especially popular for those attending Junior Prom and leaving the following year for something a little more lavish and long. But don’t feel like you’re dressing down by opting for a short dress, as we have a full line up of amazingly beaded and intricately designed shorties for that special, formal affair. The bodices alone are clearly red carpet style MUST HAVES! And if you’re planning to show off some major dance moves, you’ll have all the fabulous leg room you’ll need and you’ll show off those party heels in all their glory too. Here’s our selection of some top favorites from this lovely category, but you can view all of our latest Prom Dresses here. Get your shopping on now before the big night!
It feels like time is just flying by these days. From Christmas to New Years, which we could’ve sworn just happened a week ago, and now Valentine’s Day…it’s been all about style preparations back to back. But really, who’s complaining when it comes to treating yourself to something fabulous, right? And while you still might be pondering some cute DIY love projects for that special someone or planning a lovely date night for two, we at the Camille La Vie fashion closets, would love to give you a hand on some “WHAT TO WEAR” planning. After all, it’s our specialty! Get a little ahead of the game on your personal shopping and find a gorgeous dress that’s just right for that romantic night. From long dresses to short cocktail looks, we’ve got you covered. And we’re all about ravishing reds, pinks and sultry fuchsias. If your style is floor-sweeping, sweet and elegant, or perhaps short, fierce and sexy…there’s a style here waiting for you. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites above, but there’s so much more to browse at CLV.com and in stores too. Get the look to desire now!