Have you seen the floor-sweeping red-carpet dress photos of some of the world’s most stylish celebrities at the 2012 Met Gala last week?! Our eyes were transfixed on many of our favorite leading ladies as they sashayed along the luxe carpet made worthy only for those within the high fashion elite society. And as we perused the many lovely long-legged dames in their Prada, Balenciaga, Calvin Klein, Vera Wang, Armani, Louis Vuitton, Erdem, etc, etc dresses, we couldn’t help but feel a significant fashion connection to many of these looks. After scanning all the celebrity dresses from Anna Wintour’s highly famed Met Gala, it was inevitable what was to come next. We instantaneously dipped into our Camille La Vie fashion closet and rounded up a few purely amazing dresses of our own that bear quite a resemblance to some of our red-carpet favorites. Check out our round-up of selected red-carpet looks and our fabulous Camille La Vie version for each. You’ll definitely look like a high fashion star without breaking the bank.
1. Emily Blunt
Emily Blunt really pulls off this chic, minimal and incredibly alluring Calvin Dress dress, while keeping her hair and makeup sleek with a dose of simplicity. She really doesn’t need much considering her genetically blessed traits and this cutout dress certainly amplifies all her divine assets! Snag Emily’s look here with this equally gorgeous jersey cutout dress and luxe rhinestone beading. It’s an ideal red-carpet style dress that will work for your many social occasions, including prom, cocktail parties and other fab-friendly events (SEE NEXT PHOTO).
2. Solange Knowles
Who can pass up this hot neon yellow number worn by the heavenly divine Solange Knowles? We’re really feeling her style savvy choice designed by Rachel Roy for this event, especially considering our undying love for peplum dresses. This fierce look coupled with her jaw-dropping, envy-worthy hairstyle makes for an all-out head-to-toe winner! And our course, this feature wouldn’t be complete without showcasing our AMAZING, spot-on version of Knowles’ dress. Check out our Camille La Vie satin mermaid dress with peplum accents (SEE NEXT PHOTO).
3. Paula Patton
We can’t stop admiring Paula Patton’s beauty let alone her sweet-hued lilac strapless dress designed by Vera Wang. Her sleek and classic chignon is the perfect choice to showcase her beautiful facial features and totally love her dose of the dazzle factor with the rhinestone drop earrings. This color works undoubtedly well for the spring/summer season and luckily we have an equally sensational version at Camille La Vie. Check out this Camille La Vie chiffon beaded illusion dress that’s quite reminiscent of Paula Patton’s red-carpet dress (SEE NEXT PHOTO).
4. Dianna Agron
Dianna Agron looks like an ethereal goddess in this breathtaking red-carpet gown with plunging neckline designed by Caroline Herrera. We can’t help but stare into her sultry eyes and retro-inspired locks befitting of a classic Old Hollywood starlet. But although her beauty may be one-of-a-kind, you can certainly score her dress style as Camille La Vie houses a beautiful red-carpet ready version made of luxurious chiffon and rhinestone in a plunging neckline that brings to mind all sorts of goddess-like thoughts. (SEE NEXT PHOTO)
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER TO WIN UP TO $500
Camille La Vie Gift Card Sweepstakes running from March 27, 2012 to April 30, 2012
Time is ticking and before you know it Camille La Vie will be randomly drawing 5 winners in ONLY 4 DAYS for their gift card giveaway valued up to $500! That’s some serious free cash that you can spend for a last minute Prom dress or perhaps an upcoming Homecoming dress, and WEDDING DRESS or virtually any dress that you’ll need for any and every chic cocktail party or style-worthy event. And if you’re not currently in need of a new fabulous dress, you can always spend your proud FREE gift card on a range of stiletto shoes, handbags, evening clutches, jewelry or any accessory of your choosing. But you have to act fast because entries for this giveaway will end on April 30, 2012 (yes, again, we repeat, ONLY 4 DAYS!)
Log on to your Facebook page and CLICK HERE TO ENTER! And just in case you’re not already familiar with how our sweepstakes works, please READ BELOW:
To be eligible to win, participants must be 13 years or older and must simply LIKE US on our Facebook Page and fill out our submission form on our “Enter to Win!!!!” sweepstakes tab here – entry takes only seconds. Be sure to include your email address and do tick the box to be entered into our “Preferred Customer List” to receive a plethora of other discounts and major shopping deals.
On April 30th 2012, we will randomly draw 5 lucky winners to receive one of five Camille La Vie gift cards ranging from $50 to $500 – the Fourth and Third Runners Up will win a gift card at $50, the Second and First Runners up will receive a $100 gift card and (one) Grand Prize Winner will win a $500 Camille La Vie Gift Card. Awesome enough for you? And with Prom around the corner (or perhaps your very special Wedding day), you can use your free gift card towards the purchase of a Camille La Vie dress of your dreams.
REMEMBER: As an added BONUS, the more Facebook friends you INVITE to your sweepstakes, the better your chances are of winning. For every friend of yours who enter, you get an extra entry automatically. So if 100 of your Facebook friends enter our sweepstakes, that’s 100 EXTRA ENTRIES FOR YOU! We can’t stress how amazing that is! And you can invite directly through our sweepstakes tab, so once you fill in the submission form, simply click INVITE and select the friends who you know love to shop all things fashion, especially HOT DRESSES.
Camille La Vie is your go-to Prom stylist!
We’d like to introduce you to the most fabulous dress with the most color… our pretty painted high-low beauty with multi-colored beaded bodice. It’s sexy. It’s chic. It’s just what you want to make a statement at Prom or any occasion. We put together this stunning group of “must-haves” to dress up the look.
#1 Lorac – Lips with benefits in color: Alex-berry has swirls of color that will highlight your lips.
#2 Sephora’s Kat Von D – True Romance Eyeshadow Palette bears the perfect hues for this dress and complements all the colors. Wear them all with the blue mini eyeliner packed in this fabulous palette.
#3 The New Black – Ombre 5-Piece Nail Polish Set is the perfect match for any colorful ensemble. Can’t find the right color? Wear them all with this fabulous ombre look.
#4 Bring out the pink in our cute Sondra Roberts soft clutch bag that takes on some bling with its large stone clasp.
#5 Our High-Heel T-Strap Rhinestone Sandal will look great as the high of this high-low shows it off. Take a closer look…the rhinestone flower mimics the beaded floral design in the dress bodice. They were made for each other.
#6 You can also match the shine and shimmer of the shoe with an all-over silver sequin soft clutch bag…it will add a bit more sparkle to your outfit.
Camille La Vie Beauty Product Favorites!
Everyone already knows we’re fashion fanatics at Camille La Vie, but did you know that we are also major beauty addicts as well? There’s a common theme that radiates throughout our offices on a daily basis. One is most certainly prom dresses…one shoulder dresses…strapless dresses…luxurious chiffon dresses…rhinestone platform sandals…evening bag clutches…and did we mention dresses LOL? The other usually involves a recap of our recent shopping escapades, which usually entail a worthwhile trip to Sephora or some happy beauty or skin department. Even finding the perfect makeup remover at Walgreens or Duane Reade simply makes our day. And with all the chatter going on in our office about what skin care or beauty product is really worth it, we really thought it was due time to share our finds and profess our love for our favorite beauty essentials with our fans. Here’s our round-up of must-haves chosen by our lovely fashionistas at Camille La Vie.
The nine beauty products that we need in our lives and why:
1. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals All-Over Face Color (in Warmth) ($19): “If I had to choose one product in my beauty arsenal, it would have to be this bronzer! It gives my skin a natural and luminescent glow. I whip up a few sweeps on my cheeks, chin and forehead and the result is remarkable – and the best part is it’s so light and weightless, so it feels like I have nothing on. No cakey after effects with this amazing powder.”
4. Neutrogena Makeup Remover ($4.99): “In the past I’ve tried many makeup removers but was so disappointed as some were very oily or it didn’t remove makeup very well and still had to wash and scrub up with some kind of facial soap. This makeup remover is fantastic! The moist towelettes are soaked in a cool liquid lotion that cleans in one or two swoops. It moisturizes as it cleans and leaves your eyes, lips and face fresh as if you just washed it. I love using it before bed but also use it in the morning before the shower as a cool pick me up. It’s a great product.”
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF15 ($12.99): “Daily facial moisturizers can be so heavy on the skin if you don’t choose the right one. Every morning I use Aveeno Positively Radiant daily moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and has no oily or thick texture or feel. It cools the skin and hydrates the skin perfectly before you apply makeup. I tend to have very sensitive problematic skin. My Dermatologist told me to start using Aveeno to cleanse and moisturize and have been for many years…my skin has never been so hydrated and even in tone.”
Bermuda Triangle Undereye Corrector with Orchid Extract ($22): “I always had a problem with dark circles and even more now that I’m getting older. I’ve tried many concealers but always felt it didn’t camouflage anything but look white and dry on my skin. I recently found a concealer that covers the dark circles evenly without looking caked on. Sue Devitt Bermuda Triangle Camouflage Concealer is a soft, creamy concealer that spreads evenly and blends with your natural skin color. It covers the dark circles better than any product I’ve ever used.”
9. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette ($50): “This is a MUST BUY NOW type of product. Run to Sephora and get this eyeshadow palette. Great for every day and evening. The colors are neutral with a hint of fabulous shimmer and color. I wear all the colors and mix and match certain colors together to achieve different looks. I will brush on the neutral browns with a light shimmery top lid for work during the day and for night will give myself a smokey eye using the dark plum colors with black. The brush has two different ends…one for brushing on and blending and one for thin lines. I normally use a lotion-based primer to set the eyeshadow but you don’t have to. The pigments stay on all day. This palette also comes with a mild, tinted lip plumper that enhances your lips natural color and gives you a tiny bit of a poof in your lips. Love, love, love it!”
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($18): “I’ve always been in search for the perfect product to instantly boost and rejuvenate my skin, whether it’s after a long day at the office, spending a whole day out and about in NYC or even a morning pick-me-up. I simply whip out my Caudalie and give myself a few spritzes on my face and I feel completely refreshed! It’s even becoming a popular product here in the office. When 4pm rolls in, we all say, “It’s Caudalie Time!” and happily spray each other! It’s instantly uplifting with the natural scent of sweet herbals and extracts. It even works incredibly as a toner. I spray this before I apply my makeup and it really helps in tightening my pores. Even after I apply my makeup, I spray a little bit more on and it gives a supple, dewey effect to my makeup. It’s a must. Definitely. A. Must.”
7.Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner ($9.99): “I’m a huge fan of the cat eye look. It doesn’t matter what the occasion is, I always apply this sweeping look to my eyes for day or night. The gel liner really lasts throughout the day and with the wand tool, I can control how much I want to apply and how high I want the cat slick to be. For day, I go for a more sleek and thin cat eye liner and for night, I thicken it up a bit for a more dramatic, sultry look. The major bonus is that it’s only about $10!”
Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm ($16):“After discovering this a few months ago, I have officially sworn off all forms of lip balms, glosses and chapsticks. This works as a lipstick, gloss and soothing moisturizer all in one. They come in a variety of colors (I’m determined to collect all of them) but the one color that I love the most is the MEGA MELON. It’s great for day and I even swipe some on over my Nars Red Lizard lipstick for added shine and softness.”
6. Prestige Lipliner in Spice ($4.32): “I was on vacation in Dublin, Ireland and was in desperate need for a new lipliner as my current one sadly ran out. I walked into the nearest drugstore to find a replacement and stumbled upon this amazing little beauty essential. The spice color works so well with my auburn locks and porcelain skin and I love how it transitions well into all seasons. It’s versatile and I never leave home without it.”
Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs ($30): “What’s not to love about this luxuriously smooth cream. It provides an ample amount of moisture to my skin with only a few dabs per day. It’s long-lasting and the smell is so sweet and soothing. In the past, I found myself experimenting with many different facial moisturizers and creams, only to be completely disappointed with the oily, shiny residue it leaves behind. This product had none of that. I love Clarins!”