Looking our most fabulous for the holiday party season is a must for the style-loving crowd. It’s one of the few moments of the year where we host major “reunions” with all of our loved ones, as well as colleagues. And if you’re the girl who prides herself on looking fantastic at the party, it doesn’t hurt to have a beautifying boost of glamor. So here, at the Camille La Vie Headquarters, we’ve rounded up a few simply styling techniques that will amp up your party look in no time at all, including how to achieve the perfectly supple, fresh-faced glow, master the skill of instant slim-downs and of course, some useful fashion tips that will forever come in handy.
1. Wear a sleek and polished ponytail or classic updo. Hint: Tame the flyaways and pesky frizz with a light slick of shine serum. Our go-to product? Drybar Hot Toddy Heat Protector Frizz Frighter. ($33; Sephora.com)
2. Radiant skin is your best asset. Hint: Sweep highlighting powder in soft pink (like Make Up Forever Star Powder) under your eyes and along cheekbones for an instant boost of glow. ($20; Sephora.com)
3. When in doubt, wear the LBD (fashion code for Little Black Dress). The color and simple style of this classic look will forever be chic. Hint: Wear a tastefully body skimming cocktail dress with some hints of lace from Camille La Vie. ($159.99; CamilleLaVie.com)
4. Get a mani and choose RED. Hint: Always remember to apply a base coat first to prevent the rich color from staining your pretty nails.
5. Wear a statement piece of jewelry to add more intrigue to your look. Hint: An elaborate necklace, gorgeous oversized ring, chandelier drop earrings or a thick cuff bracelet can do the trick. But remember not to over-accessorize. One or two pieces can do the trick. (Check out CamilleLaVie.com’s accessory collection)
6. Less is more. This beauty tip always reigns true, especially with makeup. Pick the feature you want to dramatize (eyes or lips) and keep the rest of your look subtle.
7. Showcase your glowing legs and arms. Hint: Apply a body lotion with a bit of shimmer to décolletage, arms and legs for doses of tasteful sparkle. It also gives a more toned effects to your limbs. (Nars Body Illuminator, $45 at Nars.com) .
8. Keep brows well groomed—they’re the frame for your face. Hint: Super useful tip to keep in mind, Brow Gel by Ulta can be applied to achieve the perfect, finished brows with sculpted arches. ($6; Ulta.com)
It’s a widely known fact that when it comes to your wedding day, every SINGLE detail matters and absolutely nothing should be left unturned. And for a bride-to-be, many would deem their overall wedding style look to be of utmost importance. The task of finding the perfect wedding dress is daunting in itself, and when you also factor in what accessories, bouquet and beauty look you want to convey, selecting the right elements of perfection can be overwhelming. But then again, for us ladies, this can be the best and most fabulous part of your seemingly limitless wedding checklist. At Camille La Vie, we’re all about curating fine collections of fashion and beauty inspiration…consider us your digital stylists or beauty-loving besties that want to make your special event as memorable as possible! So for this post, our focus is on gorgeous hairstyles both up and down that will make a perfect finishing touch and amazing complement to your wedding dress.
(Top: left to right)
1. We have this little obsession with delicate floral hair accessories. And this one maintains a soft and ethereal look without going over the top. It’s subtle, sweet yet makes a lasting and ever so romantic impression. Our Dress Suggestion: Strapless Lace Trumpet Wedding Dress
2. The French twist will never go out of style and will forever remain a iconic classic. Thoughts of the beloved and beautiful Audrey Hepburn come to mind and anything that makes us envision this style icon is a major YES in our fashion books. Our Dress Suggestion: Chiffon Jeweled Collar Wedding Dress
3. Long and luscious wavy locks make for a sultry look that will surely command attention at your reception. And for a dose of pure sparkle, adding a beaded vintage-inspired brooch is definitely the way to go. It’s a beautiful element while allowing your hair to do most of the talking. Our Dress Suggestion: Strapless Organza Tiered Wedding Dress
(Bottom: left to right)
4. Be creative and consider experimenting with a unique bridal updo – one that will surely draw eyes to your locks with the occasional “Ooohs and Aaahs!” We adore this swirl-patterned style with a pair of shimmering rhinestone brooches. Our Dress Suggestion: Lace Chiffon V-neck Wedding Dress
5. Channel your bohemian goddess side with this earthly fresh floral headpiece motif complemented by natural, wavy locks. So hip and gorgeous! This look would pair so well if you’re planning a garden-inspired wedding. Our Dress Suggestion: Crinkle Chiffon A-line Wedding Dress
6. Create a floral look to your updo without the use of florals! Seems tricky but the end result is flawless and quite jaw-dropping. To achieve this look requires a talented hairstylist and some imagination. But when it comes to your wedding day, anything is possible! Our Dress Suggestion: Shirred Taffeta Wedding Dress
Now let’s hear your thoughts! Which hairstyle would you rock to your wedding?!
As much as we love hot dresses, we seriously have a weakness for gorgeous hairstyles with a unique twist! Without a doubt, the right updo can really make a profound impact on your overall outfit, especially if you’re attending a fabulous formal occasion and plan to wear an astounding party dress to match. And out of all the creative hairstyles we’ve stumbled upon, the braided look (with its many shapes and variations) never ceases to win our hearts time and time again — as you can probably tell if you scour through our Facebook page. It’s versatility factor streams through all possible wardrobe situations. Whether going completely casual with t-shirt and jeans or going all out with a formal “Bang” wearing a breathtaking long dress or sweetly sexy short dress and platform stiletto heels, the braided updo instantly shakes it up and beautifies you even more. Our current favorites in the category of luscious locks include the side braided bun, the iconic crown braid and the oh-so-hot fishtail braid.
Click below for video tutorials that we’ve pulled from YouTube to help you achieve some of these looks:
The Dutch Crown Braid
The Fishtail Braid
The Braided Side Bun
Now we’re turning it over to our readers! We want to get your feedback. LEAVE US A COMMENT:
Which braided hairstyle that you see here is your favorite?!
At Camille La Vie everyone is very in tune with the freshest fashions and have a huge love for fabulous chic style. Of course our favorite fashions are our own dresses and accessories, however, there are so many more ways to show off your beauty from hairstyles, to nail art, to new makeup trends. Our passion for fashion has created some office Fashionistas that are always willing to share their newfound beauty products, tips, and tricks to the rest of the office and now we want to share with YOU! One way to change up your look completely everyday is to try different hairstyles. We’ve asked some of the office Fashionistas what their favorite looks are when it comes to summer hairstyles, then we also asked which hair product they use that they absolutely cant live without!
These are the 5 summer hairstyles & products you need to try:
Jessica D’s response:
1.Natural Curls & Big Sexy Hair Products ($17) “I really love when girls keep their hair very natural looking in the summer, there’s no need to fight the heat by trying to keep naturally curly hair straight in hot weather. To keep my curls under control I do use many different products but my favorite has to be my huge spray bottle of Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Hairspray. It keeps my natural curls intact without it looking wet or heavy, I Love it!”
2.Long Beachy Hair & MoroccanOil ($43) “Summer is all about the beach, pools, and vacations and I like hair the best when it has more of a natural wave and its long and flowing. Whether it’s real beach hair or recreated with a curling iron, long luscious wavy hair is so beautiful. This type of look can be hard to do sometimes in heat and that’s why I Love MoroccanOil. It helps keep frizz away while making my hair so soft and smooth and it smells great too! I can’t do my hair in the morning without it!”
3.Sleek Pony & Prive Shampoo and Conditioner ($53) “I’m thinking more elegant night out on the town summer hair but I really love sleek ponytail hairstyles, especially when a band of hair is wrapped around the ponytail holder I think its looks so polished. A hair care product line that I absolutely love and recommend is Prive. This company is all organic and it smells so great! I really love the Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hairspray. In fact, I always carry the hairspray in my purse to work, you never know when you will need it, and the best part is the bottles and cans allow you to use every last drop, there’s no throwing out good hair products.”
4.Intricate Braids & Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Leave in Conditioner ($3) “My favorite summer hairstyle look would have to be braided hair. I’m fascinated by intricate braids simply because it really takes talent and honestly, I’m really not sure I could do half of the things I see in pictures to myself, but I think its so cool! I stick to simple braids but it looks so cute in up-do looks or when your hair is down. My favorite hair product would have to be the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Leave in Conditioner. I use most of the Aussie products because I have really curly hair but this conditioner leaves even my hair so smooth and tangle free, I’m hooked! The Aussie products are also cheaper too but even so they really work great.”
Jessica J’s response:
5.Pin Straight Hair & Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo ($39) “I love to see girls with pin-straight hair and I love to have mine straight too even in the summer, the flat iron is my best friend. I think it looks very chic and it always goes nicely with a multitude of outfits. My personal favorite hair care product that I need in my arsenal is definitely Frederic Fekkai’s Technician Color Care Shampoo because I do color my hair and it makes my hair so soft while being very gentle on my color. It helps keep it shiny and beautiful for a longer amount of time, its fantastic.”