Looking our most fabulous for the holiday party season is a must for the style-loving crowd. It’s one of the few moments of the year where we host major “reunions” with all of our loved ones, as well as colleagues. And if you’re the girl who prides herself on looking fantastic at the party, it doesn’t hurt to have a beautifying boost of glamor. So here, at the Camille La Vie Headquarters, we’ve rounded up a few simply styling techniques that will amp up your party look in no time at all, including how to achieve the perfectly supple, fresh-faced glow, master the skill of instant slim-downs and of course, some useful fashion tips that will forever come in handy.
1. Wear a sleek and polished ponytail or classic updo. Hint: Tame the flyaways and pesky frizz with a light slick of shine serum. Our go-to product? Drybar Hot Toddy Heat Protector Frizz Frighter. ($33; Sephora.com)
2. Radiant skin is your best asset. Hint: Sweep highlighting powder in soft pink (like Make Up Forever Star Powder) under your eyes and along cheekbones for an instant boost of glow. ($20; Sephora.com)
3. When in doubt, wear the LBD (fashion code for Little Black Dress). The color and simple style of this classic look will forever be chic. Hint: Wear a tastefully body skimming cocktail dress with some hints of lace from Camille La Vie. ($159.99; CamilleLaVie.com)
4. Get a mani and choose RED. Hint: Always remember to apply a base coat first to prevent the rich color from staining your pretty nails.
5. Wear a statement piece of jewelry to add more intrigue to your look. Hint: An elaborate necklace, gorgeous oversized ring, chandelier drop earrings or a thick cuff bracelet can do the trick. But remember not to over-accessorize. One or two pieces can do the trick. (Check out CamilleLaVie.com’s accessory collection)
6. Less is more. This beauty tip always reigns true, especially with makeup. Pick the feature you want to dramatize (eyes or lips) and keep the rest of your look subtle.
7. Showcase your glowing legs and arms. Hint: Apply a body lotion with a bit of shimmer to décolletage, arms and legs for doses of tasteful sparkle. It also gives a more toned effects to your limbs. (Nars Body Illuminator, $45 at Nars.com) .
8. Keep brows well groomed—they’re the frame for your face. Hint: Super useful tip to keep in mind, Brow Gel by Ulta can be applied to achieve the perfect, finished brows with sculpted arches. ($6; Ulta.com)
ATTENTION LADIES: For anyone who’s a major fan of the hit show Pretty Little Liars, the beautiful Janel Parrish or just all things totally fabulous for prom 2014, you don’t want to miss this opportunity to win BIG. Like a trip to LA for two and a major shopping spree with Camille La Vie kind of BIG.
Here’s all the deets! Click on the Seventeen Magazine below to enter.
ENTER NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN FABULOUSLY HERE:
sweepstakes/celebritypromCamille La Vie
and Seventeen Magazine
are throwing the ULTIMATE Prom Queen Search in history: CELEBRITY PROM!JANEL PARRISH of the hit show Pretty Little Liars
is a guest judge at the event, which will be held at the Glendale Galleria
in California on March 1, 2014.You can enter to win a trip to LA and meet Janel Parrish, plus many more fab prizes.
Because it doesn’t hurt to showcase your fierce strut with a little attitude in a glamorous long dress! And for those ready to attend prom, we won’t be surprised if you told us that you’re totally over the whole cliched “oh so cute and pretty prom” look. These days young and beautiful ladies are looking for a style with personality that packs a little punch in the wardrobe department. And if you’re a dame who’s on the hunt for something conveying multiple levels of FIERCE, then you’ll definitely appreciate our new collection photographed in the hip downtown cool streets of New York City. And one of our favorite trends of the moment is the two-piece lace knockout…if you haven’t noticed just yet. With its mix of bohemian flair with an ethnic twist, combined with its gorgeous attention to detail, don’t be shocked when all eyes transfix on you when you enter the party room. And why shouldn’t they be? You’ll be the queen of prom even before they crown the official winner. And if the two-piece isn’t your style cup of tea, we have several other demure trends with major doses of class and sophistication all at the click of a button…with LACE being our top seller.
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s hitting our racks this month and next…don’t fret, you’ll have your dress well before prom!
What party outfit would be complete without a necessary pair of sparkles to illuminate your pretty peds?! And on this exciting day (we say exciting because any day that involves shoes is a highly important one), we’re featuring one of our enchanting new styles for prom 2014 and a range of pretty stilettos to match from our new shoe collection…you decide what’s chicer! This style conveys the perfect amounts of rhinestone and beadwork without going over the top, so we’ve rounded up the perfect compliments for your feet. Although they’re reserved for more formal affairs, this heels remain clean, timeless and highly versatile for any special social affair. We love the classic strappy style of #1 for it’s sleek and dainty elegance. It’s a girly girl’s choice. And #2 is another timeless look that has all the elements of a red-carpet worthy shoe: the peep toe, the not-so-platformed platform and elegantly sleek heel. And for a little more fun and added inches to your height, #3 stands as sky-high option. With a thicker platform at the front, petite ladies could opt for a floor-sweeping longer dress and give that much-adored statuesque illusion. Quite a must. Tell us your pick!