Prom is near so it’s time to put down that bag of chips and hit the gym! If you want to look your best in your fabulous prom dress, it’s important to start developing a healthy lifestyle now. Not only will it make you look great for prom but will also help you stick to a healthy routine in the future. Getting started and staying motivated to workout and eat right everyday can be hard, especially if this is something you don’t normally do. But don’t worry; here are the top 10 tips to get you fit and healthy for prom!
1. Switch it up! At first you might notice that doing the same exercise daily is showing results but after a few months or even weeks your body will get used to that exercise – what they call “hitting that plateau”. That’s why it’s important to change up your routine daily to get the best and fastest results. If you alter your workout schedule, your body is always being challenged and you will burn more calories. For example, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays focus on your legs and do the treadmill, elliptical, stationery bike etc. and on the other days focus on arms and lift weights.
2. Sleep more: I know you might like staying up late but sleep is extremely important if you want to live a healthier lifestyle. The average person needs about 8 hours a day of sleep so make sure you adjust your habits so you are getting this amount daily. Sleep is especially important when you add daily workouts to your routine. It gives the body and muscles the time they need to recover and heal to be ready for the next day.
3. A little goes a long way: If you generally eat unhealthy but ready to make a change to your diet, don’t dive in too fast! It might be hard to completely cut out all unhealthy foods at once. So start off by saying you wont drink soda for one week and then next week cut out soda and chips and so on. You will be eating better in no time!
4. Satisfy those sugary cravings! The next time you have a bad craving for something sweet, stay away from the candy and chocolate. Instead choose a healthy fat food such as avocado, nut butter like almond butter or coconut butter. These kinds of food are filled with natural sugars that will satisfy your cravings and leave you full longer.
5. Grab a buddy! A workout buddy is extremely helpful for staying motivated. Find a friend who loves to workout or is looking to start an exercise regimen together. You will both be able to motivate the other on lazy days and will push each other to work harder.
6. Monitor your eating habits: In general there is breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some people might cut out one of the three and eat two big meals. But this is a bad habit! You are actually supposed to eat small portion meals throughout the day, roughly about every three hours.
7. Flavor it up! Sticking to a healthy diet can be hard, especially when you’re eating a lot of the same foods. Stock up on plenty of fresh herbs and spices to add while cooking to switch up the flavors.
8. Chart your progress: To stay motivated, keep a log of what you have been doing and sets goals for the week to accomplish. Seeing your progress overtime will encourage you to continue with your health lifestyle. Tracking your progress is a lot easier with great apps like My Fitness Pal and Argus, and products like Nike+ watch.
9. Start slowly: Especially if you are just starting to work out or took a long break it is important not to overdo it. Your body and muscles will need time to adjust to this change. Start off by maybe walking a half hour a day and slowly increase to 40 minutes and so on. After a few weeks your muscles will be stronger and you can start increasing your routine.
10. Make it fun! It’s important to make sure you enjoy working out; otherwise you will feel incredibly unmotivated and inconsistent. If you are the type of person who hates running on a treadmill then try signing up for a sports team like soccer or a class at the gym like Zumba, Yoga or Pilates. You will still get your workout in but you also have a good time doing it!
You might be wondering how you are going to get your skin to look perfect for prom. Don’t stress out! Getting your skin to look clean and glowing is actually a lot easier and cheaper than you think. Don’t go crazy trying to buy all of these products at top dollar to help cleanse your skin. By following these six simple steps you can have the glowing skin you’ve always dreamed of in no time! And with prom night getting close, you’ll surely achieve those goals if you get started now.
1. Start with Steam. The steam from taking a hot shower can help open your pores so you can get all of the gunk out of your skin and let the good stuff in.
2. Drink up! Water is definitely your friend if you want beautiful glowing skin. Even just the slightest dehydration can cause your skin to look dull. Water can help give your skin a natural glow and helps eliminate the puffiness underneath your eyes. So make sure you drink lots of water weeks before prom so your skin is perfect for the big day.
3. Sleep, Sleep and more Sleep: Lack of sleep can be extremely detrimental for your skin. It can leave behind dark circles and bags, which is definitely not what you want on prom night. While you sleep, your skin is being restored and renewed from the day’s wear and tear. It can help improve the texture of you skin and give it that supple, gorgeous glow. Make sure you develop an appropriate sleeping schedule (at least 8 hours of sleep a night) before prom.
4. Green Tea: Drinking a cup of tea every night a couple of weeks before prom is a cheap and easy way to get glowing skin. The antioxidants in green tea help to flush out toxins and keep your body hydrated.
5. Don’t forget to exfoliate! Make sure you exfoliate once or twice a week for a couple of weeks before prom. Your body is shedding skin cells all the time so it is important to get rid of dead skin or else it will end up looking dull and dry. Use products like Clean & Clear Advantage 3-1 Exfoliating cleanser for your face and Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash to help give your skin a glowing look.
6. Give Your Skin Oxygen: Spend some time every day doing some exercises to help improve your skin. The increased oxygen supply to your blood stream during exercise helps improve your complexion and gives you an instant glow.
So dish the thought of having to buy high-end, expensive skin products to get that glow. All it takes is some natural healing and detoxifying methods in a set routine and a couple trusty skincare items at a fraction of the cost of those luxury brands and you’re good to go!
As a girl, getting ready for prom can be a complicated task. Guys have it easy: rent a tux, buy a corsage and have little prep work the day of prom. But for girls it is a different story. Getting the perfect prom look could take lots of time and preparation. There is finding the dress, shoes, the makeup and hairstyles to complete the look. With so many things to think about, prom can be a very overwhelming time. That is where this list is here to help. Here are 10 easy beauty tips to help get you ready for prom and have a great night!
1. Find the right moisturizer: Finding the right moisturizer for your exact skin type can do wonders to make your skin smooth and shiny. Imperialis from Lush Cosmetics is a perfect moisturizer that works for basically all skin types. All of their products are handmade and consist of all natural ingredients. No harmful chemicals are added to their products, making your skin look healthy and smooth.
2. Start whitening your teeth early. The perfect smile can make all the difference at prom. It is important to start whitening you teeth at least two weeks before prom to achieve those pearly whites. Products like Crest White Strips work great and are easy to use.
3. Freeze your makeup: Once you apply you foundation and makeup on your eyes and cheek, stick your face in the freezer for about 20 seconds. Now you might be thinking “why on earth would I put my face in the freezer?” Your makeup will essentially “freeze” to your face, making it last longer then usual.
4. Clean up your brows: Some might get their brows done the day of or before prom but this is a bad idea. Some girls might have sensitive skin and will get red marks that take sometime to go away. About one week before prom will give you enough time to get them done and look great for the big night.
5. Finding the best hairstyle: Months before prom, schedule a “practice” session with you hairstylist. It might happen that the hairstyle you picked doesn’t look exactly the way you thought it would. Getting a practice run will give you an idea how your hair will turn out, saving you from a potential mistake.
6. Getting the perfect tan: While most people book multiple tanning bed sessions before prom, this can eventually damage you skin. Spray tans are a healthier option to get that perfect glowing skin for prom. Take some time to find the right spray tan for your skin like Neutrogena Micromist.
7. Hydrate your hair: Dry and damaged hair not only doesn’t look good but it can cause problems when styling your hair. Use a leave-in conditioner like Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip from Garnier Fructis. This will leave you hair super soft and hydrated without weighing it down.
8. Highlight your eyes OR your mouth: One of the biggest mistakes you can make is putting on too much makeup. Have a nice clean look by highlighting either your eyes or lips. If you focus on lips try a bright color like red or pink from Estee Lauder. If you want to make your eyes pop instead, go all out with liner, shadow and mascara. Maybelline makes a variety of great products to help get the right look for your eyes.
9. Use a good deodorant: This is especially important if you are going to be dancing the night away at prom. A product like Dove Go Fresh doesn’t leave white marks and it will keep you smelling fresh all night long!
10. Pick the right shoes: Having the right shoes is an important part of preparing for prom. Not only do you want shoes that look good but also feel good. You are going to be walking around a lot and dancing so you want shoes that aren’t going to hurt your feet.
Master these TEN TIPS and you’ll be ready to party the night away at Prom…and feel absolutely fresh ‘n fabulous from head to toe!
XO, Camille La Vie
Although a floor-sweeping long dress is the classic way to go when it comes to your Prom night, there’s nothing wrong with switching it up a bit for a gorgeous short number. It’s especially popular for those attending Junior Prom and leaving the following year for something a little more lavish and long. But don’t feel like you’re dressing down by opting for a short dress, as we have a full line up of amazingly beaded and intricately designed shorties for that special, formal affair. The bodices alone are clearly red carpet style MUST HAVES! And if you’re planning to show off some major dance moves, you’ll have all the fabulous leg room you’ll need and you’ll show off those party heels in all their glory too. Here’s our selection of some top favorites from this lovely category, but you can view all of our latest Prom Dresses here. Get your shopping on now before the big night!