There’s something about the color purple that rings hearts of love in our eyes. And this new dress had us smitten at first glance. Between the geometric beaded empire bodice, well-crafted sweetheart neckline, to the ever so chic and fabulously executed knife pleated tulle skirt, all comprised in a beautiful ball gown silhouette, we’re not exactly sure what we LOVE more. But overall, this is definitely a choice worth considering for Prom 2014. And if you haven’t peeped our website yet for the most breathtaking looks, you may want to dedicate some time for serious Camille La Vie browsing at camillelavie.com. We’ve actually just rolled in racks upon racks of new Prom styles this week that are guaranteed to make your eyes and heart sparkle on. And if you love purple as much as we do, there’s other looks worth peeping. Happy shopping, loves! And have a great weekend!
I’m sure all of you stylistas are already in the know for what’s hot this coming season…LACE, LACE, LACE and lots of it! With a combination of decadent textures mixed with floral silhouettes and appliques, we are SO ready for the spring season, and most especially PROM. With the myriad of gorgeous shapes, lengths and prettified embellishments to choose, you might get lost in the sea of chic…so we’ll fill you in on what’s trending each day with looks we love. On today’s style radar, we’re adoring these A-line shorties in must-have sweetheart necklines. With the perfect doses of pretty girl meets classically cool, it’s a look that can transcend past the prom dance floor and into many other fabulous party events…when coupled with the right choice of accessories, of course! Peep our website daily as we’ll be constantly rolling in new styles, both long gowns and lovely shorties in a variety of trends.
Camera, flash, selfie! Prom night will be full of photo-ops so don’t miss out the chance to pose like a pro and turn these fun times into even more awesome memories! Between your parents, friends, and the school photographer you will be in at least 100 pictures by the end of the night so make sure all of these can be deemed Instagram worthy! How can you do this? Follow our suggestions to getting the right pose down for your body and your dress! Showcasing your stunning figure and the gorgeous details in your dress will be your first priority, So, here are some of the poses we’ve seen on the celebrity red carpets that we think are the most flattering to the body and your dress:
1) The One-foot forward: this pose looks as though you are about to take a step; it’s more of an in motion picture. It’s very elegant and sophisticated.
2) The cross-legged pose: standing like this especially in heels can be tricky, make sure you have your balance and simply stand straight to the camera while crossing one foot in front of the other. This gives you a long lean line from head to toe!
3) Over the shoulder: this pose works really great if you have a one-shoulder dress or a gown with must-see back design. When striking this pose you almost have to turn away from the camera and only twist your face and one arm/shoulder back over to get the “over the shoulder” look!
4) Legs apart: this stance looks great in a short tight prom dress. Standing in a wide powerful stance and shifting weight to your hips looks hot! Play with your body’s shapes and angles in this position and don’t forget to smile to the camera!
Once you get these poses down by practicing in the mirror (which we definitely recommend!) These are the final Do’s and Don’ts when posing as a starlet for the night!
2) Keep your chin up
3) Watch your posture; stay tall
4) Have Confidence it’s a must! This is the number one thing that will translate in all of your pictures, besides your beautiful face and killer dress of course!
5) Use your arms to create pretty angles and unique poses
6) Use the hip trick; stick out a hip lean back a bit… tall, slender, and beautiful!
7) Show that you’re having fun
1) Show your profile, people want to see your face and sometimes your profile can be unflattering depending on the light and shadows that it casts.
2) Turn your body away from the camera. That is unless you are going for the over the shoulder pose!
3) Trip on your dress, this is never never good! Be sure your dress looks just as flawless as you will in these pics!
Follow our red-carpet approved poses and look amazing in all of your prom pictures!
Have you ever slipped on a dress or a shade of makeup that makes your face look vivid and full of vibrance? And then you slip on your second option that’s pretty much the same exact shade of the first look, only to realize that the second shade makes your skin appear so dull and washed-out. They key to this insanity is that the first look may have matched your skin’s surface tone and undertone to a T, whereas the second look was way off in terms of matching your undertone.
So what’s the difference between surface tone and undertone? Let’s first take into account what they actually mean. Our skin’s surface tone is the color you’d typically identify with when choosing foundations, concealers, etc. You would be categorized in one of these: ivory, light, medium tan, dark tan, etc). And your skin’s undertone is what lies underneath the surface, which is broken down into three groups:
Cool (pinkish, red or bluish undertones)
Warm (yellow, peachy or golden undertones)
Neutral (a combination of warm and cool undertones)
Before we find out the ways to determine your true shades, let’s clear up a popular myth! The belief that pale girls can never be warm-toned is completely false. There are fair-skinned ladies with warm undertones, like Angelina Jolie, for instance. And dark-skinned women like iconic model Alek Wek have cool undertones.
Now let’s take the right steps in determining which category you stand under. These steps are highly essential in helping you pinpoint the right look, or more specifically, PROM DRESS color that’s ideal for you. A little bizarre, but so helpful!
- Analyze the veins of your arms. Take a moment to push your sleeves up and check out the veins on the inside part of your wrist. Do you appear to be more green or blue? If blue, then you have cool undertones. If they look more on the greenish side, then warm tones it is. And the reason for greenish veins isn’t because they’re actually green… your warm, yellow-toned skin creates this effect.
- Take the Neutral Test. Determine what neutral shades are most flattering on you. Ask yourself this: Does my eyes, skin and overall face appear better in stark black and white hues, or creamy, off-white and brown/tan shades? If you chose the former, then there’s a good chance your cool-toned gal. The latter would definitely fall under the warm-toned category.
- Consider the traditional jewelry trick. Ask yourself, which tone of jewelry gives you a more vibrant glow: gold or silver jewelry? Ladies with cool undertones will find silver to be more of their true match, while gold looks much better on warm-tones.
- Examine your eye and hair color. Another great determinant is identifying your natural eye and hair colors. Typically, cool tones are reserved for those with blue, gray or green eyes and having blonde, brownish or even black hair with blue or ash undertones. Warm toned girls have brown, hazel or amber eyes with strawberry blonde, red, brown or black hair, with an almost red or orange undertone.
- Examine your skin after a day in the sun. What happens after you’re out basking in the sun’s rays? Does your skin slowly turn to a golden-brown, do you burn or turn immediately pink? Those with very warm tones will tan into a golden brown easily, very cool toned girls will inevitably burn and medium-skinned cool-toned girls may burn at first and then tan.
- Pick a celebrity whose tones match yours. Take a look at some random pictures on popular red carpet events and find celebrities with cool tones and those with warm. Then, see the dress they’re wearing and if it suits them well. This serves as another helpful way to determine which color prom dress will suit you. Here’s a tip, celebs with cool undertones include Anne Hathaway, Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson and Cara Delevingne. Those with warm tones would include Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Alba, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Eva Mendes.
- Choose a range of colors that look best on you. There’s no denying that warm-toned girls will look their best in shades of yellow, warm reds, oranges, browns, greenish-yellows, creams and camels. Cool-toned girls are glowing in blues, rich greens, purples, pinks, bluish-greens, fuchsias and reds with a very blue base.
For more handy tips and tricks on fashion, beauty and more for PROM, PROM, PROM…check back with us daily!