Archive of ‘Prom Dresses’ category
There’s something about the color purple that rings hearts of love in our eyes. And this new dress had us smitten at first glance. Between the geometric beaded empire bodice, well-crafted sweetheart neckline, to the ever so chic and fabulously executed knife pleated tulle skirt, all comprised in a beautiful ball gown silhouette, we’re not exactly sure what we LOVE more. But overall, this is definitely a choice worth considering for Prom 2014. And if you haven’t peeped our website yet for the most breathtaking looks, you may want to dedicate some time for serious Camille La Vie browsing at camillelavie.com. We’ve actually just rolled in racks upon racks of new Prom styles this week that are guaranteed to make your eyes and heart sparkle on. And if you love purple as much as we do, there’s other looks worth peeping. Happy shopping, loves! And have a great weekend!
I’m sure all of you stylistas are already in the know for what’s hot this coming season…LACE, LACE, LACE and lots of it! With a combination of decadent textures mixed with floral silhouettes and appliques, we are SO ready for the spring season, and most especially PROM. With the myriad of gorgeous shapes, lengths and prettified embellishments to choose, you might get lost in the sea of chic…so we’ll fill you in on what’s trending each day with looks we love. On today’s style radar, we’re adoring these A-line shorties in must-have sweetheart necklines. With the perfect doses of pretty girl meets classically cool, it’s a look that can transcend past the prom dance floor and into many other fabulous party events…when coupled with the right choice of accessories, of course! Peep our website daily as we’ll be constantly rolling in new styles, both long gowns and lovely shorties in a variety of trends.
Camera, flash, selfie! Prom night will be full of photo-ops so don’t miss out the chance to pose like a pro and turn these fun times into even more awesome memories! Between your parents, friends, and the school photographer you will be in at least 100 pictures by the end of the night so make sure all of these can be deemed Instagram worthy! How can you do this? Follow our suggestions to getting the right pose down for your body and your dress! Showcasing your stunning figure and the gorgeous details in your dress will be your first priority, So, here are some of the poses we’ve seen on the celebrity red carpets that we think are the most flattering to the body and your dress:
1) The One-foot forward: this pose looks as though you are about to take a step; it’s more of an in motion picture. It’s very elegant and sophisticated.
2) The cross-legged pose: standing like this especially in heels can be tricky, make sure you have your balance and simply stand straight to the camera while crossing one foot in front of the other. This gives you a long lean line from head to toe!
3) Over the shoulder: this pose works really great if you have a one-shoulder dress or a gown with must-see back design. When striking this pose you almost have to turn away from the camera and only twist your face and one arm/shoulder back over to get the “over the shoulder” look!
4) Legs apart: this stance looks great in a short tight prom dress. Standing in a wide powerful stance and shifting weight to your hips looks hot! Play with your body’s shapes and angles in this position and don’t forget to smile to the camera!
Once you get these poses down by practicing in the mirror (which we definitely recommend!) These are the final Do’s and Don’ts when posing as a starlet for the night!
2) Keep your chin up
3) Watch your posture; stay tall
4) Have Confidence it’s a must! This is the number one thing that will translate in all of your pictures, besides your beautiful face and killer dress of course!
5) Use your arms to create pretty angles and unique poses
6) Use the hip trick; stick out a hip lean back a bit… tall, slender, and beautiful!
7) Show that you’re having fun
1) Show your profile, people want to see your face and sometimes your profile can be unflattering depending on the light and shadows that it casts.
2) Turn your body away from the camera. That is unless you are going for the over the shoulder pose!
3) Trip on your dress, this is never never good! Be sure your dress looks just as flawless as you will in these pics!
Follow our red-carpet approved poses and look amazing in all of your prom pictures!
Previous 1 2 3 4 … 20 Next