A girl’s hair can be a work of art. However, sometimes that work of art has a mind of its own or takes hours to create. Every girl’s hair is different in its own way, whether it is thick curly hair or thin straight hair. Trying to maintain your hair might seem hard and expensive. However, this list contains the top 10 hair tips that every girl should know. It shows ways to manage frizz, to create perfect and easy hairstyles and give you tips on how to take care of your hair at night so you don’t have to worry about it in the morning. Follow these simple, essential steps ahead of time and you’ll have gleaming, beautiful locks just in time for prom. You’ll also make your gorgeous prom dress stand out even more, not only with shimmering accessories to match, but a new healthy do as the ideal complement!
1. Perfect beachy waves: After washing your hair, add about a dime-size drop of a light mouse, like Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble, and put your hair into a nice big braid. It is best to leave the braid in overnight, but you can also undo it after a few hours. Once the braid is undone you are left with perfect waves with body and volume!
2. Know the purpose of your brush: It is important to know the different types of brushes and what their purpose is. For example, large round brushes are perfect for straightening while small round brushes are great for adding curls.
3. Swap a towel for a t-shirt: To help get rid of frizzy hair, stop drying your hair with a towel and switch to a t-shirt. Towel drying can causes split ends and breakage. However, the smoothness of a t-shirt will cause less friction when drying which leads to fewer frizzes.
4. Start in the middle when curling: Ever have problems with your curls not lasting long? Instead of curling your hair at the ends, start at the middle because it will help you hair stay wavy a lot longer.
5. Use cool air to get that hairstyle to stay: It is common to just rely on warm air when styling your hair. However, if you want your hairstyle to last, switch between using warm and cold air. This will help lock your hairstyle in all day long.
6. Move bangs away: Are you growing out your bangs but tired of them getting in the way? Just simply French braid your bangs to the side to easily get them out of the way.
7. Dry Shampoo is a must: Every girl should have a bottle of dry shampoo on hand because it will save so much time when getting ready. After showering at night, divide your hair into two loose buns with a scrunchie. In the morning remove the buns and comb out your hair. They apply the dry shampoo like Dove Refresh and Care to the roots, wait a few minutes and then comb out your hair and you are ready to go.
8. Turn bobby pins into a fashionable accessory: If you are usually pulling back your hair with bobby pins, choose pins that contrast with your hair color. Then use those pins to make a triangle in the back. This will give you an instant hair accessory.
9. Boost up your roots: Do you have thin straight hair and looking to give it some volume? Just flip your hair upside down and blow dry from the roots while wet.
10. Use a flat iron to curl: Don’t own a curling iron or don’t have the time to use it? Well if you have a flat iron, just simply separate you hair into about 6 braids (depending on how thick your hair is) and then heat the braids with a flat iron. Once you undo the braids, you should have nice curly hair.
You might be wondering how you are going to get your skin to look perfect for prom. Don’t stress out! Getting your skin to look clean and glowing is actually a lot easier and cheaper than you think. Don’t go crazy trying to buy all of these products at top dollar to help cleanse your skin. By following these six simple steps you can have the glowing skin you’ve always dreamed of in no time! And with prom night getting close, you’ll surely achieve those goals if you get started now.
1. Start with Steam. The steam from taking a hot shower can help open your pores so you can get all of the gunk out of your skin and let the good stuff in.
2. Drink up! Water is definitely your friend if you want beautiful glowing skin. Even just the slightest dehydration can cause your skin to look dull. Water can help give your skin a natural glow and helps eliminate the puffiness underneath your eyes. So make sure you drink lots of water weeks before prom so your skin is perfect for the big day.
3. Sleep, Sleep and more Sleep: Lack of sleep can be extremely detrimental for your skin. It can leave behind dark circles and bags, which is definitely not what you want on prom night. While you sleep, your skin is being restored and renewed from the day’s wear and tear. It can help improve the texture of you skin and give it that supple, gorgeous glow. Make sure you develop an appropriate sleeping schedule (at least 8 hours of sleep a night) before prom.
4. Green Tea: Drinking a cup of tea every night a couple of weeks before prom is a cheap and easy way to get glowing skin. The antioxidants in green tea help to flush out toxins and keep your body hydrated.
5. Don’t forget to exfoliate! Make sure you exfoliate once or twice a week for a couple of weeks before prom. Your body is shedding skin cells all the time so it is important to get rid of dead skin or else it will end up looking dull and dry. Use products like Clean & Clear Advantage 3-1 Exfoliating cleanser for your face and Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash to help give your skin a glowing look.
6. Give Your Skin Oxygen: Spend some time every day doing some exercises to help improve your skin. The increased oxygen supply to your blood stream during exercise helps improve your complexion and gives you an instant glow.
So dish the thought of having to buy high-end, expensive skin products to get that glow. All it takes is some natural healing and detoxifying methods in a set routine and a couple trusty skincare items at a fraction of the cost of those luxury brands and you’re good to go!
As a girl, getting ready for prom can be a complicated task. Guys have it easy: rent a tux, buy a corsage and have little prep work the day of prom. But for girls it is a different story. Getting the perfect prom look could take lots of time and preparation. There is finding the dress, shoes, the makeup and hairstyles to complete the look. With so many things to think about, prom can be a very overwhelming time. That is where this list is here to help. Here are 10 easy beauty tips to help get you ready for prom and have a great night!
1. Find the right moisturizer: Finding the right moisturizer for your exact skin type can do wonders to make your skin smooth and shiny. Imperialis from Lush Cosmetics is a perfect moisturizer that works for basically all skin types. All of their products are handmade and consist of all natural ingredients. No harmful chemicals are added to their products, making your skin look healthy and smooth.
2. Start whitening your teeth early. The perfect smile can make all the difference at prom. It is important to start whitening you teeth at least two weeks before prom to achieve those pearly whites. Products like Crest White Strips work great and are easy to use.
3. Freeze your makeup: Once you apply you foundation and makeup on your eyes and cheek, stick your face in the freezer for about 20 seconds. Now you might be thinking “why on earth would I put my face in the freezer?” Your makeup will essentially “freeze” to your face, making it last longer then usual.
4. Clean up your brows: Some might get their brows done the day of or before prom but this is a bad idea. Some girls might have sensitive skin and will get red marks that take sometime to go away. About one week before prom will give you enough time to get them done and look great for the big night.
5. Finding the best hairstyle: Months before prom, schedule a “practice” session with you hairstylist. It might happen that the hairstyle you picked doesn’t look exactly the way you thought it would. Getting a practice run will give you an idea how your hair will turn out, saving you from a potential mistake.
6. Getting the perfect tan: While most people book multiple tanning bed sessions before prom, this can eventually damage you skin. Spray tans are a healthier option to get that perfect glowing skin for prom. Take some time to find the right spray tan for your skin like Neutrogena Micromist.
7. Hydrate your hair: Dry and damaged hair not only doesn’t look good but it can cause problems when styling your hair. Use a leave-in conditioner like Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip from Garnier Fructis. This will leave you hair super soft and hydrated without weighing it down.
8. Highlight your eyes OR your mouth: One of the biggest mistakes you can make is putting on too much makeup. Have a nice clean look by highlighting either your eyes or lips. If you focus on lips try a bright color like red or pink from Estee Lauder. If you want to make your eyes pop instead, go all out with liner, shadow and mascara. Maybelline makes a variety of great products to help get the right look for your eyes.
9. Use a good deodorant: This is especially important if you are going to be dancing the night away at prom. A product like Dove Go Fresh doesn’t leave white marks and it will keep you smelling fresh all night long!
10. Pick the right shoes: Having the right shoes is an important part of preparing for prom. Not only do you want shoes that look good but also feel good. You are going to be walking around a lot and dancing so you want shoes that aren’t going to hurt your feet.
Master these TEN TIPS and you’ll be ready to party the night away at Prom…and feel absolutely fresh ‘n fabulous from head to toe!
XO, Camille La Vie
Every now and then, we dedicated style lovers come across those major sales that you just can’t fail to pass up! Some you can live without and some…well, you just need to SHOP your heart away. And for this festive season and the many important special occasions ahead, you can finally score your dress for less at the Camille La Vie Semi-Annual Dress Sale! I mean, this is seriously a score deal especially if you’re planning to shop for prom and all the main events in the coming months! But it’s today only…so if you don’t have time to run to the nearest Camille La Vie or Group USA store, you can always shop online at CLV.com!
Here’s the full deets:
Shop our Semi-Annual Dress Sale – 20% OFF TODAY ONLY
Shop IN STORE or ONLINE (CLV.com) using code SemiDress2014
*20% OFF entire purchase of all regular priced merchandise and accessories on 11-13-14 only. Cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer. Good for merchandise only and may not be used for previous purchases, services, gift cards. May not be redeemed for cash or cash equivalents.