Archive of ‘Shoes’ category
There’s seriously nothing sexier then a gorgeous girl in high heels… Right? Glowing with seductive charm and showcasing your poised posture throughout prom night must be in your top priorities! You’ll look stunning in that prom dress, your hair will be amazing and your makeup will be impeccable so, YES, you have to know how to move about the party in heels, while still keeping that statuesque confidence in tact! Get those feet, shoes, and legs in sync so you’ll be ready to have a blast without stumbling, or worse, falling in your dress… Oh No doll, that’s not a good look!! Here are our best tips to get your body ready for a night in those sky-high prom stilettos!
- Take them for an early spin! Once you’ve found the most fabulous heels; wear them before the big day! Breaking in your new heels is crucial and trust us, your feet will thank you at prom. The best thing to do is wear your heels around your house, maybe while you’re cleaning your room or practicing your new dance moves to the latest Justin song… either way, this gives your feet a chance to mold and break in your heels leaving you with less of a chance of getting blisters or sore dancing feet!
- Yoga. Keeping your balance on the tiniest of heels does take skill but what you really need more than anything is balance! Try practicing yoga to not only lengthen and tone your body, but yoga will help your muscles learn balance and good posture. Balance is essential to the sport of heel wearing, so take this bit of advise and start doing some sun salutations now to prepare for the big night!
- Take a cheat seat! If you can, whenever you can, sit down! This is how you will be able to last all night long in those gorgeous pumps, and big plus, show off the new heels to everyone in sight! Don’t be afraid to give your little toes a rest every once in a while, your feet will thank you and when your feet are happy, you’ll be happy! That has to be a saying somewhere right?!
- Make your heels your own. Customizable cushions are sold in every shoe store to help your shoes fit impeccably; this is why step number one needs to happen! Once you parade around in your shiny new shoes, see where any irritation might be happening… are you slipping? Is the back rubbing? There’s a cushion for that! Try these comfy strips!
- Think long and limber! To walk with the most elegance possible, take a tip from our beloved runway models; straighten your legs and extend them when you walk. This will make you look lean and graceful instead of uncoordinated and clumsy. Also use your core muscles, keep them taught when you take steps, this keeps your whole body in line and looking flawless!
- Scuffs are your friend! Well… in this case we mean on the soles your shoes. When your heels are brand new the soles are shiny, untouched, and very very slippery. So, in case you didn’t have time to dance around in your shoes before prom, use some sandpaper and scratch the bottom of your shoes a bit. When there are nicks under your shoes it gives you grip, this grip will keep you from making any slips or falls on the real dance floor…Totally Embarrassing!!
- Confidence, Confidence, Confidence! Girls, we can’t stress this word enough. When your have confidence nothing can stop you… think you can walk in heels and be fierce and you will rock those heels and look like a knockout doing it, it’s that easy! Pretend you are a model strutting down the runway aka the Prom runway and you will be the most fabulous in the room!
Take our advise and be a graceful goddess at prom or should we say, a graceful goddess with killer heels?!
What party outfit would be complete without a necessary pair of sparkles to illuminate your pretty peds?! And on this exciting day (we say exciting because any day that involves shoes is a highly important one), we’re featuring one of our enchanting new styles for prom 2014 and a range of pretty stilettos to match from our new shoe collection…you decide what’s chicer! This style conveys the perfect amounts of rhinestone and beadwork without going over the top, so we’ve rounded up the perfect compliments for your feet. Although they’re reserved for more formal affairs, this heels remain clean, timeless and highly versatile for any special social affair. We love the classic strappy style of #1 for it’s sleek and dainty elegance. It’s a girly girl’s choice. And #2 is another timeless look that has all the elements of a red-carpet worthy shoe: the peep toe, the not-so-platformed platform and elegantly sleek heel. And for a little more fun and added inches to your height, #3 stands as sky-high option. With a thicker platform at the front, petite ladies could opt for a floor-sweeping longer dress and give that much-adored statuesque illusion. Quite a must. Tell us your pick!
Although we may be looking ahead to the Prom 2014 season, let’s not forget that the holidays are close upon us. And if you’re planning to attend one of those MUST GO TO New Years Eve parties, the glitz factor is highly essential. Choose a party evening dress that’s daring and bold and opt for BLACK GOLD to ring in the new year in style. Up on today’s fashion radar is this classic halter dress decked out in all the right doses of magnified glitz with fierce splashes of gold along the side torsos that taper the physique from top to bottom. And don’t forget to pair it with these rockstar studded pair of platform stilettos from our Camille La Vie shoe closet. After all, we can’t forget to highlight this pair for Shoesday Tuesday!
1 2 3 … 5 Next