A girl’s hair can be a work of art. However, sometimes that work of art has a mind of its own or takes hours to create. Every girl’s hair is different in its own way, whether it is thick curly hair or thin straight hair. Trying to maintain your hair might seem hard and expensive. However, this list contains the top 10 hair tips that every girl should know. It shows ways to manage frizz, to create perfect and easy hairstyles and give you tips on how to take care of your hair at night so you don’t have to worry about it in the morning. Follow these simple, essential steps ahead of time and you’ll have gleaming, beautiful locks just in time for prom. You’ll also make your gorgeous prom dress stand out even more, not only with shimmering accessories to match, but a new healthy do as the ideal complement!
1. Perfect beachy waves: After washing your hair, add about a dime-size drop of a light mouse, like Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble, and put your hair into a nice big braid. It is best to leave the braid in overnight, but you can also undo it after a few hours. Once the braid is undone you are left with perfect waves with body and volume!
2. Know the purpose of your brush: It is important to know the different types of brushes and what their purpose is. For example, large round brushes are perfect for straightening while small round brushes are great for adding curls.
3. Swap a towel for a t-shirt: To help get rid of frizzy hair, stop drying your hair with a towel and switch to a t-shirt. Towel drying can causes split ends and breakage. However, the smoothness of a t-shirt will cause less friction when drying which leads to fewer frizzes.
4. Start in the middle when curling: Ever have problems with your curls not lasting long? Instead of curling your hair at the ends, start at the middle because it will help you hair stay wavy a lot longer.
5. Use cool air to get that hairstyle to stay: It is common to just rely on warm air when styling your hair. However, if you want your hairstyle to last, switch between using warm and cold air. This will help lock your hairstyle in all day long.
6. Move bangs away: Are you growing out your bangs but tired of them getting in the way? Just simply French braid your bangs to the side to easily get them out of the way.
7. Dry Shampoo is a must: Every girl should have a bottle of dry shampoo on hand because it will save so much time when getting ready. After showering at night, divide your hair into two loose buns with a scrunchie. In the morning remove the buns and comb out your hair. They apply the dry shampoo like Dove Refresh and Care to the roots, wait a few minutes and then comb out your hair and you are ready to go.
8. Turn bobby pins into a fashionable accessory: If you are usually pulling back your hair with bobby pins, choose pins that contrast with your hair color. Then use those pins to make a triangle in the back. This will give you an instant hair accessory.
9. Boost up your roots: Do you have thin straight hair and looking to give it some volume? Just flip your hair upside down and blow dry from the roots while wet.
10. Use a flat iron to curl: Don’t own a curling iron or don’t have the time to use it? Well if you have a flat iron, just simply separate you hair into about 6 braids (depending on how thick your hair is) and then heat the braids with a flat iron. Once you undo the braids, you should have nice curly hair.