A girl’s hair can be a work of art. However, sometimes that work of art has a mind of its own or takes hours to create. Every girl’s hair is different in its own way, whether it is thick curly hair or thin straight hair. Trying to maintain your hair might seem hard and expensive. However, this list contains the top 10 hair tips that every girl should know. It shows ways to manage frizz, to create perfect and easy hairstyles and give you tips on how to take care of your hair at night so you don’t have to worry about it in the morning. Follow these simple, essential steps ahead of time and you’ll have gleaming, beautiful locks just in time for prom. You’ll also make your gorgeous prom dress stand out even more, not only with shimmering accessories to match, but a new healthy do as the ideal complement!
1. Perfect beachy waves: After washing your hair, add about a dime-size drop of a light mouse, like Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble, and put your hair into a nice big braid. It is best to leave the braid in overnight, but you can also undo it after a few hours. Once the braid is undone you are left with perfect waves with body and volume!
2. Know the purpose of your brush: It is important to know the different types of brushes and what their purpose is. For example, large round brushes are perfect for straightening while small round brushes are great for adding curls.
3. Swap a towel for a t-shirt: To help get rid of frizzy hair, stop drying your hair with a towel and switch to a t-shirt. Towel drying can causes split ends and breakage. However, the smoothness of a t-shirt will cause less friction when drying which leads to fewer frizzes.
4. Start in the middle when curling: Ever have problems with your curls not lasting long? Instead of curling your hair at the ends, start at the middle because it will help you hair stay wavy a lot longer.
5. Use cool air to get that hairstyle to stay: It is common to just rely on warm air when styling your hair. However, if you want your hairstyle to last, switch between using warm and cold air. This will help lock your hairstyle in all day long.
6. Move bangs away: Are you growing out your bangs but tired of them getting in the way? Just simply French braid your bangs to the side to easily get them out of the way.
7. Dry Shampoo is a must: Every girl should have a bottle of dry shampoo on hand because it will save so much time when getting ready. After showering at night, divide your hair into two loose buns with a scrunchie. In the morning remove the buns and comb out your hair. They apply the dry shampoo like Dove Refresh and Care to the roots, wait a few minutes and then comb out your hair and you are ready to go.
8. Turn bobby pins into a fashionable accessory: If you are usually pulling back your hair with bobby pins, choose pins that contrast with your hair color. Then use those pins to make a triangle in the back. This will give you an instant hair accessory.
9. Boost up your roots: Do you have thin straight hair and looking to give it some volume? Just flip your hair upside down and blow dry from the roots while wet.
10. Use a flat iron to curl: Don’t own a curling iron or don’t have the time to use it? Well if you have a flat iron, just simply separate you hair into about 6 braids (depending on how thick your hair is) and then heat the braids with a flat iron. Once you undo the braids, you should have nice curly hair.
As a girl, getting ready for prom can be a complicated task. Guys have it easy: rent a tux, buy a corsage and have little prep work the day of prom. But for girls it is a different story. Getting the perfect prom look could take lots of time and preparation. There is finding the dress, shoes, the makeup and hairstyles to complete the look. With so many things to think about, prom can be a very overwhelming time. That is where this list is here to help. Here are 10 easy beauty tips to help get you ready for prom and have a great night!
1. Find the right moisturizer: Finding the right moisturizer for your exact skin type can do wonders to make your skin smooth and shiny. Imperialis from Lush Cosmetics is a perfect moisturizer that works for basically all skin types. All of their products are handmade and consist of all natural ingredients. No harmful chemicals are added to their products, making your skin look healthy and smooth.
2. Start whitening your teeth early. The perfect smile can make all the difference at prom. It is important to start whitening you teeth at least two weeks before prom to achieve those pearly whites. Products like Crest White Strips work great and are easy to use.
3. Freeze your makeup: Once you apply you foundation and makeup on your eyes and cheek, stick your face in the freezer for about 20 seconds. Now you might be thinking “why on earth would I put my face in the freezer?” Your makeup will essentially “freeze” to your face, making it last longer then usual.
4. Clean up your brows: Some might get their brows done the day of or before prom but this is a bad idea. Some girls might have sensitive skin and will get red marks that take sometime to go away. About one week before prom will give you enough time to get them done and look great for the big night.
5. Finding the best hairstyle: Months before prom, schedule a “practice” session with you hairstylist. It might happen that the hairstyle you picked doesn’t look exactly the way you thought it would. Getting a practice run will give you an idea how your hair will turn out, saving you from a potential mistake.
6. Getting the perfect tan: While most people book multiple tanning bed sessions before prom, this can eventually damage you skin. Spray tans are a healthier option to get that perfect glowing skin for prom. Take some time to find the right spray tan for your skin like Neutrogena Micromist.
7. Hydrate your hair: Dry and damaged hair not only doesn’t look good but it can cause problems when styling your hair. Use a leave-in conditioner like Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip from Garnier Fructis. This will leave you hair super soft and hydrated without weighing it down.
8. Highlight your eyes OR your mouth: One of the biggest mistakes you can make is putting on too much makeup. Have a nice clean look by highlighting either your eyes or lips. If you focus on lips try a bright color like red or pink from Estee Lauder. If you want to make your eyes pop instead, go all out with liner, shadow and mascara. Maybelline makes a variety of great products to help get the right look for your eyes.
9. Use a good deodorant: This is especially important if you are going to be dancing the night away at prom. A product like Dove Go Fresh doesn’t leave white marks and it will keep you smelling fresh all night long!
10. Pick the right shoes: Having the right shoes is an important part of preparing for prom. Not only do you want shoes that look good but also feel good. You are going to be walking around a lot and dancing so you want shoes that aren’t going to hurt your feet.
Master these TEN TIPS and you’ll be ready to party the night away at Prom…and feel absolutely fresh ‘n fabulous from head to toe!
XO, Camille La Vie
Although a floor-sweeping long dress is the classic way to go when it comes to your Prom night, there’s nothing wrong with switching it up a bit for a gorgeous short number. It’s especially popular for those attending Junior Prom and leaving the following year for something a little more lavish and long. But don’t feel like you’re dressing down by opting for a short dress, as we have a full line up of amazingly beaded and intricately designed shorties for that special, formal affair. The bodices alone are clearly red carpet style MUST HAVES! And if you’re planning to show off some major dance moves, you’ll have all the fabulous leg room you’ll need and you’ll show off those party heels in all their glory too. Here’s our selection of some top favorites from this lovely category, but you can view all of our latest Prom Dresses here. Get your shopping on now before the big night!
It feels like time is just flying by these days. From Christmas to New Years, which we could’ve sworn just happened a week ago, and now Valentine’s Day…it’s been all about style preparations back to back. But really, who’s complaining when it comes to treating yourself to something fabulous, right? And while you still might be pondering some cute DIY love projects for that special someone or planning a lovely date night for two, we at the Camille La Vie fashion closets, would love to give you a hand on some “WHAT TO WEAR” planning. After all, it’s our specialty! Get a little ahead of the game on your personal shopping and find a gorgeous dress that’s just right for that romantic night. From long dresses to short cocktail looks, we’ve got you covered. And we’re all about ravishing reds, pinks and sultry fuchsias. If your style is floor-sweeping, sweet and elegant, or perhaps short, fierce and sexy…there’s a style here waiting for you. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites above, but there’s so much more to browse at CLV.com and in stores too. Get the look to desire now!