Every year girls go crazy trying to find the perfect dress that will make prom one to remember. But what’s perfect to one girl might not be for another. With so many options out there, how do you possibly find the right one? That’s where Camille La Vie comes to the rescue! No matter your size, shape, or specific body type, that amazing dress is out there waiting for you. The key to finding the right dress is to understand what works and what doesn’t for your body shape. You want a dress that will highlight all the features you love and hide all the ones you don’t. So it is important to match your body type with a dress that will make you look absolutely stunning. Here are a few tips that will help you with your search:
Hourglass Body Type
The hourglass, or X shape, body has shoulders and hips that are about the same size and has a defined waist.Girls with this body type will want a look that shows off your smaller waist and broadens the shoulders to draw attention up to the face. You will want to highlight those amazing curves, not hide them under a ton of fabric. To do so, mermaid shape gowns that hugs all over curves and then flares out at the bottom are the way to go. This style will highlight all those amazing features just beautiful!
Petite Body Type
For girls with petite body types it’s important to show off your tiny shape, not hide it! Your small frame will get lost in long, puffy, ball-gown like dresses. They will overpower your body and make you feel like you’re drowning in the dress. Instead opt for a short hemline style. Short prom dresses are the best at showing off your amazing shape, highlighting all of your fabulous features. And if short isn’t your thing, go for a knee length dress which is also a great cut for petite girls. Bottom line: keep it short, keep it sweet and get ready to have a great night!
Pear Body Type
If your body type is pear shaped, you’ll definitely want a look that highlights everything from the waist up. To do this, find things that will draw attention to your upper body like beaded embellishments and lace. It also is important to find a gown where the bust is fitted to create a balance between the upper and lower parts of your body. Full skirts that flare out at the bottom are also great features. All these styles combine will show off all your best features at prom!
Rectangular Body Type
Girls with a rectangular body type have more of a “boyish” figure, with the hips and shoulders pretty much being the same width. Basically these girls don’t have much of a waist, so it is important to find a dress that creates the illusion of a waist that doesn’t emphasize the lack of one. To draw attention away from the waist and towards the face, prom dresses that have a lot of detail on the top are a good choice. Another option are dresses that cinch at the waist or ones with a different color on the top than the bottom. All of these styles will help make you look great!
Apple Body Type
When trying to find a gown for your beautiful apple shaped body, go for an empire waist. Solid bold color dresses that have an empire waist look great on girls who have more of an apple shaped body. They emphasize the bust and flare out below creating a style that is sure to look great on you!
The perfect prom dress is out there. You now have great tips that will help you match your body type to the right dress. So go out there and find that dress that will make you look amazing on prom night.
Award season is finally coming to an end. All over the Internet you can see your favorite celebrities wearing star-studded outfits. This year feel like you stepped off the red carpet with a celebrity inspired dress. Having trouble trying to find something that looks red carpet worthy? No need to stress out over this. We have taken the time to do all the work for you! After scouring loads of celebirty looks and matching them the latest hottest trends we picked out the dresses that are sure to rock your prom. And searching throughout our wide selection; we have found dresses that match these amazing styles.
Hot this season are prints in pretty colors and the red carpet is full of them! Print style dresses are a great way to release the inner artist within you. They are a daring choice sure to wow everyone at prom. What makes both of these dresses great is the simple yet eye-catching detail. The elegant white chiffon pleated skirt on both of these gowns make the vivid and bold colors pop and shine. And each design totally rocks the one shoulder look enhancing all of your fabulous features. Game of Thrones and Hunger Games star Natalie Dormer absolutely owned this look at the 2015 SAG awards and you can too! STEAL HER STYLE
The crop top trend is everywhere and one divine person that definitely nailed this look is Taylor Swift. From the Grammy’s to the Oscars this A-list star has been seen all over wearing fabulous crop top-dresses. Our prom collection has a number of fabulous two-piece prom dresses, but there’s one in particular that totally matches Taylor Swift’s red carpet look. Both dresses have a beautiful two-tone hue that perfectly combines elegant white and bold black, while maintaining that popular two-piece look. What makes our dress great for prom is the illusion empire waist that is perfect if you are looking for a more demure and elegant look. STEAL HER STYLE
Everything about these two dresses makes them perfect for the red carpet and prom! Both have a stunning plunging neckline that will show off anyone’s fabulous features. But what makes these looks stand out the most is the beautiful detailed work on the top half. While Modern family star Sarah Hyland’s dress has a bit more embellishment, our dress perfectly combines elegant lace and dazzling beaded rhinestones making it an even better look for prom! STEAL HER STYLE
For those not so faint in fashion hearts, you will LOVE this bold and oh so daring style by Kate Hudson. But we’re aware that it does touch upon some risque factors not suitable for prom, so we made sure to pull a style from our Camille La Vie racks that coveys the curvaceous elements like Hudson’s, while maintaining pure elegance…and a little more appropriates doses of sparkle. Show off your figure with our beautiful version and glide through prom with the greatest of style ease. STYLE HER STYLE
As a girl, getting ready for prom can be a complicated task. Guys have it easy: rent a tux, buy a corsage and have little prep work the day of prom. But for girls it is a different story. Getting the perfect prom look could take lots of time and preparation. There is finding the dress, shoes, the makeup and hairstyles to complete the look. With so many things to think about, prom can be a very overwhelming time. That is where this list is here to help. Here are 10 easy beauty tips to help get you ready for prom and have a great night!
1. Find the right moisturizer: Finding the right moisturizer for your exact skin type can do wonders to make your skin smooth and shiny. Imperialis from Lush Cosmetics is a perfect moisturizer that works for basically all skin types. All of their products are handmade and consist of all natural ingredients. No harmful chemicals are added to their products, making your skin look healthy and smooth.
2. Start whitening your teeth early. The perfect smile can make all the difference at prom. It is important to start whitening you teeth at least two weeks before prom to achieve those pearly whites. Products like Crest White Strips work great and are easy to use.
3. Freeze your makeup: Once you apply you foundation and makeup on your eyes and cheek, stick your face in the freezer for about 20 seconds. Now you might be thinking “why on earth would I put my face in the freezer?” Your makeup will essentially “freeze” to your face, making it last longer then usual.
4. Clean up your brows: Some might get their brows done the day of or before prom but this is a bad idea. Some girls might have sensitive skin and will get red marks that take sometime to go away. About one week before prom will give you enough time to get them done and look great for the big night.
5. Finding the best hairstyle: Months before prom, schedule a “practice” session with you hairstylist. It might happen that the hairstyle you picked doesn’t look exactly the way you thought it would. Getting a practice run will give you an idea how your hair will turn out, saving you from a potential mistake.
6. Getting the perfect tan: While most people book multiple tanning bed sessions before prom, this can eventually damage you skin. Spray tans are a healthier option to get that perfect glowing skin for prom. Take some time to find the right spray tan for your skin like Neutrogena Micromist.
7. Hydrate your hair: Dry and damaged hair not only doesn’t look good but it can cause problems when styling your hair. Use a leave-in conditioner like Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip from Garnier Fructis. This will leave you hair super soft and hydrated without weighing it down.
8. Highlight your eyes OR your mouth: One of the biggest mistakes you can make is putting on too much makeup. Have a nice clean look by highlighting either your eyes or lips. If you focus on lips try a bright color like red or pink from Estee Lauder. If you want to make your eyes pop instead, go all out with liner, shadow and mascara. Maybelline makes a variety of great products to help get the right look for your eyes.
9. Use a good deodorant: This is especially important if you are going to be dancing the night away at prom. A product like Dove Go Fresh doesn’t leave white marks and it will keep you smelling fresh all night long!
10. Pick the right shoes: Having the right shoes is an important part of preparing for prom. Not only do you want shoes that look good but also feel good. You are going to be walking around a lot and dancing so you want shoes that aren’t going to hurt your feet.
Master these TEN TIPS and you’ll be ready to party the night away at Prom…and feel absolutely fresh ‘n fabulous from head to toe!
XO, Camille La Vie
Although a floor-sweeping long dress is the classic way to go when it comes to your Prom night, there’s nothing wrong with switching it up a bit for a gorgeous short number. It’s especially popular for those attending Junior Prom and leaving the following year for something a little more lavish and long. But don’t feel like you’re dressing down by opting for a short dress, as we have a full line up of amazingly beaded and intricately designed shorties for that special, formal affair. The bodices alone are clearly red carpet style MUST HAVES! And if you’re planning to show off some major dance moves, you’ll have all the fabulous leg room you’ll need and you’ll show off those party heels in all their glory too. Here’s our selection of some top favorites from this lovely category, but you can view all of our latest Prom Dresses here. Get your shopping on now before the big night!