Every year girls go crazy trying to find the perfect dress that will make prom one to remember. But what’s perfect to one girl might not be for another. With so many options out there, how do you possibly find the right one? That’s where Camille La Vie comes to the rescue! No matter your size, shape, or specific body type, that amazing dress is out there waiting for you. The key to finding the right dress is to understand what works and what doesn’t for your body shape. You want a dress that will highlight all the features you love and hide all the ones you don’t. So it is important to match your body type with a dress that will make you look absolutely stunning. Here are a few tips that will help you with your search:
Hourglass Body Type
The hourglass, or X shape, body has shoulders and hips that are about the same size and has a defined waist.Girls with this body type will want a look that shows off your smaller waist and broadens the shoulders to draw attention up to the face. You will want to highlight those amazing curves, not hide them under a ton of fabric. To do so, mermaid shape gowns that hugs all over curves and then flares out at the bottom are the way to go. This style will highlight all those amazing features just beautiful!
Petite Body Type
For girls with petite body types it’s important to show off your tiny shape, not hide it! Your small frame will get lost in long, puffy, ball-gown like dresses. They will overpower your body and make you feel like you’re drowning in the dress. Instead opt for a short hemline style. Short prom dresses are the best at showing off your amazing shape, highlighting all of your fabulous features. And if short isn’t your thing, go for a knee length dress which is also a great cut for petite girls. Bottom line: keep it short, keep it sweet and get ready to have a great night!
Pear Body Type
If your body type is pear shaped, you’ll definitely want a look that highlights everything from the waist up. To do this, find things that will draw attention to your upper body like beaded embellishments and lace. It also is important to find a gown where the bust is fitted to create a balance between the upper and lower parts of your body. Full skirts that flare out at the bottom are also great features. All these styles combine will show off all your best features at prom!
Rectangular Body Type
Girls with a rectangular body type have more of a “boyish” figure, with the hips and shoulders pretty much being the same width. Basically these girls don’t have much of a waist, so it is important to find a dress that creates the illusion of a waist that doesn’t emphasize the lack of one. To draw attention away from the waist and towards the face, prom dresses that have a lot of detail on the top are a good choice. Another option are dresses that cinch at the waist or ones with a different color on the top than the bottom. All of these styles will help make you look great!
Apple Body Type
When trying to find a gown for your beautiful apple shaped body, go for an empire waist. Solid bold color dresses that have an empire waist look great on girls who have more of an apple shaped body. They emphasize the bust and flare out below creating a style that is sure to look great on you!
The perfect prom dress is out there. You now have great tips that will help you match your body type to the right dress. So go out there and find that dress that will make you look amazing on prom night.
Award season is finally coming to an end. All over the Internet you can see your favorite celebrities wearing star-studded outfits. This year feel like you stepped off the red carpet with a celebrity inspired dress. Having trouble trying to find something that looks red carpet worthy? No need to stress out over this. We have taken the time to do all the work for you! After scouring loads of celebirty looks and matching them the latest hottest trends we picked out the dresses that are sure to rock your prom. And searching throughout our wide selection; we have found dresses that match these amazing styles.
Hot this season are prints in pretty colors and the red carpet is full of them! Print style dresses are a great way to release the inner artist within you. They are a daring choice sure to wow everyone at prom. What makes both of these dresses great is the simple yet eye-catching detail. The elegant white chiffon pleated skirt on both of these gowns make the vivid and bold colors pop and shine. And each design totally rocks the one shoulder look enhancing all of your fabulous features. Game of Thrones and Hunger Games star Natalie Dormer absolutely owned this look at the 2015 SAG awards and you can too! STEAL HER STYLE
The crop top trend is everywhere and one divine person that definitely nailed this look is Taylor Swift. From the Grammy’s to the Oscars this A-list star has been seen all over wearing fabulous crop top-dresses. Our prom collection has a number of fabulous two-piece prom dresses, but there’s one in particular that totally matches Taylor Swift’s red carpet look. Both dresses have a beautiful two-tone hue that perfectly combines elegant white and bold black, while maintaining that popular two-piece look. What makes our dress great for prom is the illusion empire waist that is perfect if you are looking for a more demure and elegant look. STEAL HER STYLE
Everything about these two dresses makes them perfect for the red carpet and prom! Both have a stunning plunging neckline that will show off anyone’s fabulous features. But what makes these looks stand out the most is the beautiful detailed work on the top half. While Modern family star Sarah Hyland’s dress has a bit more embellishment, our dress perfectly combines elegant lace and dazzling beaded rhinestones making it an even better look for prom! STEAL HER STYLE
For those not so faint in fashion hearts, you will LOVE this bold and oh so daring style by Kate Hudson. But we’re aware that it does touch upon some risque factors not suitable for prom, so we made sure to pull a style from our Camille La Vie racks that coveys the curvaceous elements like Hudson’s, while maintaining pure elegance…and a little more appropriates doses of sparkle. Show off your figure with our beautiful version and glide through prom with the greatest of style ease. STYLE HER STYLE
Prom is just months away, so it is time to sit down and start planning. So much preparation goes into planning the perfect night and it might be hard to remember everything that needs to be done. Well don’t panic. We have created this checklist to make sure are ready for that special night.
The dress: Make sure you buy the perfect prom dress a few months in advance. This gives you plenty of time to browse a few stores and see what they offer and the prices. You don’t want to wait till last minute and rush because they might not have what you are looking for. Also, buying in advance gives you the right amount of time to try on the gown and see if anything needs to be tailored. Sometimes that process could take a few weeks, so you want to make sure it will be ready in time.
Shoes: Choose a heel that will go great with the dress. If you have a long and flowy dress, maybe a shoe that is simple but still elegant is good since they will be covered. If you have a short dress, then a pair of heels that stand out and complement the outfit might be ideal since they will be seen. Normally don’t wear heels? Make sure you break them in by walking around in your house or outside a few weeks before prom!
Hair: Want your hair done professionally? If so, book an appointment a few weeks in advance because prom season is one of the biggest times of the year for hair salons. Trying to save a little money by skipping the salon? That’s okay also! Websites like Pinterest and Youtube have great DIY hairstyle tutorials. So take some time to browse and practice doing it so you are ready for prom!
Nails: Whether you’re more of a salon girl or a DIY girl, it is essential to plan out what color or design you want ahead of time. Be sure to find something that will complement your outfit. If you decided to go to a salon, book your appointment a few weeks in advance for the day before prom.
Makeup: This is something you can either get done professionally or DIY…it just depends on your preference. Like with nails and hair, if you are getting it done professionally make sure to book the appointment in advance. Dedicate some time beforehand to browse the Internet to find different looks and pick which one you want.
Jewelry: Prom is a rare event that you’ll cherish for years to come. So get ready to glam up and shimmer the night away! Go out and find some bracelets, earrings, a neckline or anything else you think you’ll need to look fabulous. Try and stick with silver and gold since those complement most dress colors.
Bag: It is important to find the perfect bag for prom. You will need one that fits all of the essentials like your phone, money, makeup essentials and etc. The bag also has to match your prom dress so make sure you find one that complements its pretty hues.
Other important reminders:
- Buy and bring prom ticket
- Find a date or a group to join
- Get the corsage (but this is more of a reminder for your charming date)
- Make transportation arrangements
- Decide on a location for pre-prom pictures and an after-party venue
- Make sure to have extra cash, a camera/smartphone and makeup essentials in your clutch
And most importantly, make sure you HAVE FUN!
A girl’s hair can be a work of art. However, sometimes that work of art has a mind of its own or takes hours to create. Every girl’s hair is different in its own way, whether it is thick curly hair or thin straight hair. Trying to maintain your hair might seem hard and expensive. However, this list contains the top 10 hair tips that every girl should know. It shows ways to manage frizz, to create perfect and easy hairstyles and give you tips on how to take care of your hair at night so you don’t have to worry about it in the morning. Follow these simple, essential steps ahead of time and you’ll have gleaming, beautiful locks just in time for prom. You’ll also make your gorgeous prom dress stand out even more, not only with shimmering accessories to match, but a new healthy do as the ideal complement!
1. Perfect beachy waves: After washing your hair, add about a dime-size drop of a light mouse, like Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble, and put your hair into a nice big braid. It is best to leave the braid in overnight, but you can also undo it after a few hours. Once the braid is undone you are left with perfect waves with body and volume!
2. Know the purpose of your brush: It is important to know the different types of brushes and what their purpose is. For example, large round brushes are perfect for straightening while small round brushes are great for adding curls.
3. Swap a towel for a t-shirt: To help get rid of frizzy hair, stop drying your hair with a towel and switch to a t-shirt. Towel drying can causes split ends and breakage. However, the smoothness of a t-shirt will cause less friction when drying which leads to fewer frizzes.
4. Start in the middle when curling: Ever have problems with your curls not lasting long? Instead of curling your hair at the ends, start at the middle because it will help you hair stay wavy a lot longer.
5. Use cool air to get that hairstyle to stay: It is common to just rely on warm air when styling your hair. However, if you want your hairstyle to last, switch between using warm and cold air. This will help lock your hairstyle in all day long.
6. Move bangs away: Are you growing out your bangs but tired of them getting in the way? Just simply French braid your bangs to the side to easily get them out of the way.
7. Dry Shampoo is a must: Every girl should have a bottle of dry shampoo on hand because it will save so much time when getting ready. After showering at night, divide your hair into two loose buns with a scrunchie. In the morning remove the buns and comb out your hair. They apply the dry shampoo like Dove Refresh and Care to the roots, wait a few minutes and then comb out your hair and you are ready to go.
8. Turn bobby pins into a fashionable accessory: If you are usually pulling back your hair with bobby pins, choose pins that contrast with your hair color. Then use those pins to make a triangle in the back. This will give you an instant hair accessory.
9. Boost up your roots: Do you have thin straight hair and looking to give it some volume? Just flip your hair upside down and blow dry from the roots while wet.
10. Use a flat iron to curl: Don’t own a curling iron or don’t have the time to use it? Well if you have a flat iron, just simply separate you hair into about 6 braids (depending on how thick your hair is) and then heat the braids with a flat iron. Once you undo the braids, you should have nice curly hair.