Camille La Vie is your go-to Prom stylist!
We’d like to introduce you to the most fabulous dress with the most color… our pretty painted high-low beauty with multi-colored beaded bodice. It’s sexy. It’s chic. It’s just what you want to make a statement at Prom or any occasion. We put together this stunning group of “must-haves” to dress up the look.
#1 Lorac – Lips with benefits in color: Alex-berry has swirls of color that will highlight your lips.
#2 Sephora’s Kat Von D – True Romance Eyeshadow Palette bears the perfect hues for this dress and complements all the colors. Wear them all with the blue mini eyeliner packed in this fabulous palette.
#3 The New Black – Ombre 5-Piece Nail Polish Set is the perfect match for any colorful ensemble. Can’t find the right color? Wear them all with this fabulous ombre look.
#4 Bring out the pink in our cute Sondra Roberts soft clutch bag that takes on some bling with its large stone clasp.
#5 Our High-Heel T-Strap Rhinestone Sandal will look great as the high of this high-low shows it off. Take a closer look…the rhinestone flower mimics the beaded floral design in the dress bodice. They were made for each other.
#6 You can also match the shine and shimmer of the shoe with an all-over silver sequin soft clutch bag…it will add a bit more sparkle to your outfit.
Camille La Vie Beauty Product Favorites!
Everyone already knows we’re fashion fanatics at Camille La Vie, but did you know that we are also major beauty addicts as well? There’s a common theme that radiates throughout our offices on a daily basis. One is most certainly prom dresses…one shoulder dresses…strapless dresses…luxurious chiffon dresses…rhinestone platform sandals…evening bag clutches…and did we mention dresses LOL? The other usually involves a recap of our recent shopping escapades, which usually entail a worthwhile trip to Sephora or some happy beauty or skin department. Even finding the perfect makeup remover at Walgreens or Duane Reade simply makes our day. And with all the chatter going on in our office about what skin care or beauty product is really worth it, we really thought it was due time to share our finds and profess our love for our favorite beauty essentials with our fans. Here’s our round-up of must-haves chosen by our lovely fashionistas at Camille La Vie.
The nine beauty products that we need in our lives and why:
1. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals All-Over Face Color (in Warmth) ($19): “If I had to choose one product in my beauty arsenal, it would have to be this bronzer! It gives my skin a natural and luminescent glow. I whip up a few sweeps on my cheeks, chin and forehead and the result is remarkable – and the best part is it’s so light and weightless, so it feels like I have nothing on. No cakey after effects with this amazing powder.”
4. Neutrogena Makeup Remover ($4.99): “In the past I’ve tried many makeup removers but was so disappointed as some were very oily or it didn’t remove makeup very well and still had to wash and scrub up with some kind of facial soap. This makeup remover is fantastic! The moist towelettes are soaked in a cool liquid lotion that cleans in one or two swoops. It moisturizes as it cleans and leaves your eyes, lips and face fresh as if you just washed it. I love using it before bed but also use it in the morning before the shower as a cool pick me up. It’s a great product.”
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF15 ($12.99): “Daily facial moisturizers can be so heavy on the skin if you don’t choose the right one. Every morning I use Aveeno Positively Radiant daily moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and has no oily or thick texture or feel. It cools the skin and hydrates the skin perfectly before you apply makeup. I tend to have very sensitive problematic skin. My Dermatologist told me to start using Aveeno to cleanse and moisturize and have been for many years…my skin has never been so hydrated and even in tone.”
Bermuda Triangle Undereye Corrector with Orchid Extract ($22): “I always had a problem with dark circles and even more now that I’m getting older. I’ve tried many concealers but always felt it didn’t camouflage anything but look white and dry on my skin. I recently found a concealer that covers the dark circles evenly without looking caked on. Sue Devitt Bermuda Triangle Camouflage Concealer is a soft, creamy concealer that spreads evenly and blends with your natural skin color. It covers the dark circles better than any product I’ve ever used.”
9. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette ($50): “This is a MUST BUY NOW type of product. Run to Sephora and get this eyeshadow palette. Great for every day and evening. The colors are neutral with a hint of fabulous shimmer and color. I wear all the colors and mix and match certain colors together to achieve different looks. I will brush on the neutral browns with a light shimmery top lid for work during the day and for night will give myself a smokey eye using the dark plum colors with black. The brush has two different ends…one for brushing on and blending and one for thin lines. I normally use a lotion-based primer to set the eyeshadow but you don’t have to. The pigments stay on all day. This palette also comes with a mild, tinted lip plumper that enhances your lips natural color and gives you a tiny bit of a poof in your lips. Love, love, love it!”
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($18): “I’ve always been in search for the perfect product to instantly boost and rejuvenate my skin, whether it’s after a long day at the office, spending a whole day out and about in NYC or even a morning pick-me-up. I simply whip out my Caudalie and give myself a few spritzes on my face and I feel completely refreshed! It’s even becoming a popular product here in the office. When 4pm rolls in, we all say, “It’s Caudalie Time!” and happily spray each other! It’s instantly uplifting with the natural scent of sweet herbals and extracts. It even works incredibly as a toner. I spray this before I apply my makeup and it really helps in tightening my pores. Even after I apply my makeup, I spray a little bit more on and it gives a supple, dewey effect to my makeup. It’s a must. Definitely. A. Must.”
7.Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner ($9.99): “I’m a huge fan of the cat eye look. It doesn’t matter what the occasion is, I always apply this sweeping look to my eyes for day or night. The gel liner really lasts throughout the day and with the wand tool, I can control how much I want to apply and how high I want the cat slick to be. For day, I go for a more sleek and thin cat eye liner and for night, I thicken it up a bit for a more dramatic, sultry look. The major bonus is that it’s only about $10!”
Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm ($16):“After discovering this a few months ago, I have officially sworn off all forms of lip balms, glosses and chapsticks. This works as a lipstick, gloss and soothing moisturizer all in one. They come in a variety of colors (I’m determined to collect all of them) but the one color that I love the most is the MEGA MELON. It’s great for day and I even swipe some on over my Nars Red Lizard lipstick for added shine and softness.”
6. Prestige Lipliner in Spice ($4.32): “I was on vacation in Dublin, Ireland and was in desperate need for a new lipliner as my current one sadly ran out. I walked into the nearest drugstore to find a replacement and stumbled upon this amazing little beauty essential. The spice color works so well with my auburn locks and porcelain skin and I love how it transitions well into all seasons. It’s versatile and I never leave home without it.”
Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs ($30): “What’s not to love about this luxuriously smooth cream. It provides an ample amount of moisture to my skin with only a few dabs per day. It’s long-lasting and the smell is so sweet and soothing. In the past, I found myself experimenting with many different facial moisturizers and creams, only to be completely disappointed with the oily, shiny residue it leaves behind. This product had none of that. I love Clarins!”
At Camille La Vie, we not only provide an insane amount of the most beautiful prom dresses, homecoming dresses, wedding dresses and virtually any style of dress for your specials occasions, but we’re also morphing into fabulous beauty savvy ladies, with an obsession for all things makeup! And with prom night inching its way toward us, we realize it’s not only essential to find the perfect dress but to ensure that our hair and makeup are perfectly divine in every way. While the right dress that you choose will undoubtedly highlight your best body assets, wearing the right makeup and hairstyle will surely accentuate your beautiful features. And for this post, we’ll start with the eyes! With a myriad of eyeshadow palettes and current beauty trends to choose, the task of finding the right colors can be daunting. However, there are a few styles that remain timeless and versatile for any stylish look that you’re striving to convey. And here, we’re zeroing in on the SMOKEY EYE effect.
The smokey eye is a long-time favorite amongst the A-list celebrity crowd (see Kim Kardashian’s version above). It creates a deep and sultry look, bringing a sensual dose of romanticism when paired with a beautiful dress. The key to this particular look is focusing in adding drama to the eyes, while keeping other makeup areas to a bare minimum, like a light gloss for your lips and soft rouge for your cheeks. Here’s our list of must-have beauty products and tools to accomplish this smokey eye effect:
1. Models Own Smokey Eye Kit by Asos
2. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Volume Effet Faux Cils Noir Radical’ Mascara
3. Stila Smudge Pot Gel Eyeliner
4. Eylure Naturalites Double Lashes
5. NARS Night Collection Eyeshadow -Night Rider
6. Stila cosmetics – jewel eye shadow
7. Nars Primer
8. Sephora Collection Pro Natural Dome Smudge Brush #13
9. Sephora Collection Pro Oval Blending Brush #27
Steps to achieving the smokey eye look:
1. First prep your eyelids by applying a few tiny dabs of Nars Primer over them, making sure to rub in a circular motion, allowing your skin to absorb the cream.
2. Line both the top and bottom rims with eyeliner, blending around with a smudging eyeliner tool.
3. Apply the darkest shadow hue around the lids and bottom rims of eyes. Make sure to use a blending blush to even and soften out the color.
4. Apply a small hint of white shimmering eyeshadow right below the brow area, near the highest part of your brow arch.
5. Finish off with a few generous swipes of voluminous black mascara for ultimate dramaticism!