Posts Tagged ‘holiday dresses’
Looking our most fabulous for the holiday party season is a must for the style-loving crowd. It’s one of the few moments of the year where we host major “reunions” with all of our loved ones, as well as colleagues. And if you’re the girl who prides herself on looking fantastic at the party, it doesn’t hurt to have a beautifying boost of glamor. So here, at the Camille La Vie Headquarters, we’ve rounded up a few simply styling techniques that will amp up your party look in no time at all, including how to achieve the perfectly supple, fresh-faced glow, master the skill of instant slim-downs and of course, some useful fashion tips that will forever come in handy.
1. Wear a sleek and polished ponytail or classic updo. Hint: Tame the flyaways and pesky frizz with a light slick of shine serum. Our go-to product? Drybar Hot Toddy Heat Protector Frizz Frighter. ($33; Sephora.com)
2. Radiant skin is your best asset. Hint: Sweep highlighting powder in soft pink (like Make Up Forever Star Powder) under your eyes and along cheekbones for an instant boost of glow. ($20; Sephora.com)
3. When in doubt, wear the LBD (fashion code for Little Black Dress). The color and simple style of this classic look will forever be chic. Hint: Wear a tastefully body skimming cocktail dress with some hints of lace from Camille La Vie. ($159.99; CamilleLaVie.com)
4. Get a mani and choose RED. Hint: Always remember to apply a base coat first to prevent the rich color from staining your pretty nails.
5. Wear a statement piece of jewelry to add more intrigue to your look. Hint: An elaborate necklace, gorgeous oversized ring, chandelier drop earrings or a thick cuff bracelet can do the trick. But remember not to over-accessorize. One or two pieces can do the trick. (Check out CamilleLaVie.com’s accessory collection)
6. Less is more. This beauty tip always reigns true, especially with makeup. Pick the feature you want to dramatize (eyes or lips) and keep the rest of your look subtle.
7. Showcase your glowing legs and arms. Hint: Apply a body lotion with a bit of shimmer to décolletage, arms and legs for doses of tasteful sparkle. It also gives a more toned effects to your limbs. (Nars Body Illuminator, $45 at Nars.com) .
8. Keep brows well groomed—they’re the frame for your face. Hint: Super useful tip to keep in mind, Brow Gel by Ulta can be applied to achieve the perfect, finished brows with sculpted arches. ($6; Ulta.com)
Thanksgiving is inching near in just a couple short days. And although we’re kind of excited to set ourselves on the dinner table in our forgivingly, loose-fitting attire AKA something along the lines of spandex and really supple cotton pants, we can’t forget about those up an coming Christmas and New Years parties. After all, these events call for something just little more chic…ok, ok more like fiercely gorgeous in a luxe style that highlights all your gorgeous features. The palettes we’re envisioning for these social affairs lean towards rich golds, deep reds, brown metallics, evergreens and of course, the undoubted LDB looks that never fail to please to party crowds. And with these holiday festivities ranging from the casual cocktail dress to more long, statement-making evening dresses, we have a collection of looks to satiate any dress code. But for our holiday round-up, we’ve selected a few selected that are seriously key for the season. Be sure to jot these down for your party outfit shopping list:
1. The Classic Shift Dress (with doses of curve appeal)
2. The Sassy High-Low Dress (sometimes us ladies can’t settle for just one length)
3. The A-line Dress (get into the swing of things with a super girly number)
4. The Ruched Trumpet Long Dress (highlight your statuesque physique)