1) Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain – A fabulous ALL-DAY lip stain in a bunch of great colors. Wear it as a matte or shine it up with some gloss…it stays on until you take it off. $13.00 at Sephora.com.
2) Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – There’s nothing a girl hates more than a greasy makeup remover. Try these refreshing towelettes… it removes makeup in a snap and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clean without any greasy residue. $6.99 at Neutrogena.com.
3) Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser –If a towelette isn’t enough, try this foaming cleanser not only to get squeaky-clean skin, but to also prevent breakouts. It’s gentle, oil-free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic. $7.99 at Ulta.com.
4) Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 – After all that cleansing you need a moisturizer. How about a two-in-one with a little tint of color: just enough for those summer days and nights? With tons of shades, you’ll surely find the right tone for your complexion. $43.00 at Sephora.com.
5) Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield with SPF 30 – Great as a primer! Apply evenly under your makeup for a smooth, even, moisturizing look and feel while protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. $65.00 at Sephora.com.
6) Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm – Nourish those puckers with a hint of color. We love Burt’s Bees and their fabulous products. This lip balm comes in 11 luscious colors that are sheer and wearable for everyday. $7.00 at Burtsbees.com.
7) Lancome Difinicils Waterpoof Mascara – No running mascara for you when you get out of the pool with the best mascara on the planet. Application is smooth and gradual for a perfect finish that lasts. $27.50 at Lancome-usa.com
8) Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights - In the summer, a bronzer brings it all together. This awesome bronzer with five shimmering shades in one will give you the perfect sun-kissed look. $32.00 at Sephora.com.
9) Moroccanoil Treatment – Argon oil has swept the nation and is the perfect treatment for your hair this summer. Use for styling, conditioning or finishing to keep your hair moisturized in the heat. $43.00 at Moroccanoil.com.
10) Demeter “Salt Air” Fragrance Spray – Last but not least…a scent to accentuate the season. We are just crushing on this cologne spray from Demeter…its light, sweet and will make you feel like you’re on a desert island. $20.00 (1.0 fl oz) at Demeterfragrance.com.
There are tons of makeup secrets, tips, and tricks out there but for prom, there are three little beauty words that stand out the most: The Smoky Eye! Prom-goers all want to know how to create the most perfect smoky eye, especially if you’ll be doing your own makeup! Follow these really simple steps and with a bit of practice you’ll definitely have this sultry makeup trend down by Prom!!
Step 1: Blend, Blend, and Blend! This type of eye shadow technique is all about blending and mixing different colors together to achieve a beautiful multi-toned lid, so don’t be afraid of using multiple colors. This first step just requires you to take a lightly-colored neutral eye shadow and swipe it all over the lid from lashes to brow for an even base. Try these great neutral hues: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, $27
Step 2: Highlight. Right over that initial layer of shadow apply a shimmering (not sparkling) soft bone color shadow right underneath the eyebrow and also in the corner tear duct area. This step just simply highlights and brings light to the eyes, keeping them the focal point of your pretty face! Try this shadow: Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Bone, $21
Step 3: Here Comes Color! For this smoky eye we have chosen lavender and purple shades to play with. (You can choose any colors you’d like, just have a light, medium, and dark version of the shadow color). For this step, all you have to do is take the lightest shade, lavender, and apply it close to the lash line and blend upward towards the brow bone with a larger and more fluffy eye shadow brush. Create a range of multi-hued smoky eyes with this useful palette: Sephora Collection Color Anthology Eyeshadow Palette, $35
Step 4: Lash Line Focus. Here’s where you need a smaller stronger brush to apply a darker plum shadow along the lash line to really make your eyes pop. Start with a smaller line along the lashes that you gradually blend into the outer corner of your eye. From there, blend the plum shadow into the crease of the lower and upper lids. Just make sure everything is blended smoothly together so your shadow doesn’t look too harsh, one way of doing this is to apply the darker shadow in small circular motions! Try this awesome brush: Smashbox Double-ended Smudger Brush #20, $24
Step 5: Liner. Use any black or dark brown eyeliner for this simple step. In small dash motions apply a thin (or thick depending on how adventurous you are) line of eyeliner along the lashes to bring the drama to the eyes, which is what this beautiful makeup look is all about! Start from the outer corner and work your way in creating a smooth even line. Try: NYX Cosmetics Super Skinny Eye Marker, $9
Step 6: Mascara Time! This is it, the last step; see we told you this smoky eye thing would be easy! To complete this look, lightly curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and generously apply two coats of black mascara to your upper and lower lashes. This finishes your smoky eye perfectly. Repeat each step on your other eye and you’ll be 100% ready for Prom! Try this top-rated mascara: Maybelline Volum’ Express Colossal Cat Eyes, $7
Check out our makeup blog often for new fresh makeup tips and tricks for Prom!
As you know, we have this little obsession with beauty products. After all, every girl needs to match her perfect party dress with the right makeup essentials for a pretty and polished look…it’s the ultimate finishing touch. So at Camille La Vie, we’re making it our mission to not only bring you the most beautiful dresses, but we’re allotting some much-needed time and energy towards finding what we believe to be the MUST-HAVE (and most importantly, EFFECTIVE) beauty tools each season. And for Summer 2013, it’s all about light and pretty colors with a natural, sun-kissed look. For this post, our focus is pouty, gorgeous lips without the heavy, bold hues. And while we love a pretty color for our lips, especially when it comes in lovely packaging…we try to find ones that keep our puckers well-hydrated. Because really who wants a lip product that delivers color, but leaves them chapped and dry as you move through the day?
THE SOLUTION: Moisturizing lip color balms (because they’re seriously amazing).
These 6 products have faithfully made their way into our cosmetic bags and they’ll never leave. Try these and see for yourselves:
1. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: it comes in a variety of colors and although a bit pricey, the end result is supple long-lasting lips. Our favorite, by far!
2. Clinique Almost There Lipstick: if you want to add more striking color (especially for evening affairs), this is a must. It also works as a moisturizing lip balm – SCORE!
3. Clinique Chubby Stick: it’s a fashion blogger favorite…and for great reason. This was one of the first ones we’ve tried…and it was love at first pout from here on out!
4. Neutrogena Moisture Smooth ColorStick: pretty much identical to the chubby stick in form and function, plus half the price…no complaints there.
5. Stila Color Balm Lipstick: gives a creamy color to your lips while adding the essential nourishing effects of a lip balm. It has a satin finish with a hint of shine. Love!
6. Smashbox Limitless Stain & Color Seal Balm: who doesn’t love a two-in-one? Especially if it pairs a long-wearing stain with an emollient balm. Wear it together for a colorful, lustrous sheen or alone. Either ways work wonders.
So which one tickles your fancy?
So many superb entries from our Makeupbee contest partnered with MAKE UP FOR EVER CANADA. It was so difficult to pick our grand prize winner. After careful consideration, we just had to go with EyeColourYou-Princess MUA Daquari – her dress selection paired with her makeup execution for this look is simply phenomenal, as it truly showcases her dedicated skill, while keeping consistent with our Prom 2013 theme. We thank you for participating and doing such a well done job!
And we want to THANK YOU ALL for submitting your gorgeous, seemingly jaw-dropping entries. We had a lengthy list of favorites…there’s a lot of incredible, competitive talent out there! And rest assured that the opportunity to win big does not end here. Stay tuned as we launch more fabulous contests and sweepstakes to give you all another shot at showing off your personal style in our next fashion showdown!
And PS…. if you the love the dress featured above…SCOOP IT UP HERE. Just in time for Prom!