We have a little confession to make. Here at Camille La Vie, we can’t seem to shake off this daily office distraction (or what we actually deem as a little gift from the fashion gods). I think you’re all aware of this pesky addiction called PINTEREST. And if you haven’t started pinning yet, you’re seriously missing out on some major eye-candy heaven. We’re still fairly new to this phenomenal photo-sharing network, but are vastly becoming passionate Pinterest fashion aficionados. Currently, our boards consist of our Polyvore fashion collages, current prom dresses and our “Camille La Vie TV” video clips. But rest assured that we’ll be adding a plethora of more inspiration boards in the next few days. We’re planning to add on our wedding dresses and bridal collection, homecoming dresses, quinceanera dresses and cocktail dresses into the mix, as well as our fabulous platform shoes and accessories – of course, making sure to put on our stylist hats as we introduce our items in a fashion editorial style. And if that wasn’t enough we’ll also be introducing complementary boards to give you inspiration on how to complete your look from head to toe (literally) as we’ll be pinning our favorite images relating to makeup how-tos, hairstyles like how to achieve that intricate updo, summery ombre hair or perhaps the best wavy locks. And to top it off there will definitely be some lovely DIY beauty tutorials that we’re sure you’ll love. Stay tuned for more of our Camille La Vie pins and boards! We’ll be flooding your fashion feed momentarily…but trust us, it’ll be worth it. Please be sure to follow us our Pinterest here!
And just as reminder, we’re sort of becoming full-fledged social media addicts in a larger sense. So if you haven’t already done so, come join the conversations with on our other fabulous platforms:
1. Like US on Facebook (We have some amazing goodies to giveaway and great posts to share)
2. Reblog with us on Tumblr (Yep, we’re also loyal Tumblr addicts!)
3. Follow our Tweets (we update second by second!)
4. Check out our collages on Polyvore
5. Follow our pretty pics on We Heart IT
6. Share pics with us on Instagram
7. Find us on Google Catalogs
8. Watch our fashion video footage on YouTube
At Camille La Vie, our aim is not only to provide you with the perfect prom dress designed to dazzle you on the dance floor, but to also supply some fabulous footwear in the mix! And with a myriad of dress styles to choose from in our stores, finding the right shoe can be a bit of a task. What strappy sandal should you wear with that vibrant watercolor print high-low dress? Or what about a fierce animal print style combined with a metallic swirl design? Is it always necessary for the shoe color to match the boldest color of your dress? Like hot pink dress to go with hot pink shoes? Possibly not always the case. As a fashion tip, to keep things simple, it’s essential to go with a neutral shoe that possesses just the right amount of shimmer and let’s your beautiful dress do most of the talking. With our 2012 Camille La Vie Shoe Collection, you’ll definitely achieve head-turning results at your Prom bash. Another added benefit to our footwear? They’re perfect enough to be worn not only for Prom, but for virtually any cocktail party or night out with friends or that special someone.
Characteristics to look for in a versatile shoe for your Prom include:
1. Hint of Rhinestones. You can find the perfect strappy sandal with the right dose of sparkle that won’t overpower your overall look. Whether your sandal style is a timeless t-strap, ankle strap or slingback, find a pair that zeros in on some sparkle in one area of the shoe (perhaps the t-strap itself) and keeps the rest in a minimal hue.
2. Nudes, Metallics or Blacks. You simply cannot go wrong with these excellent color palettes. They work incredibly well with any dress color or pattern of your choice, and can even revamp a basic day look into something spectacular by night.
3. Platform Element. Finding a sandal with a platform sole will elongate your figure and can even add up to an additional 6 inches to your height, while ensuring that you still walk comfortably in your fabulous prom dress.
When it comes to Prom style, there’s absolutely no such thing as too much pink! With your BIG-TIME Prom bash just around the corner, you can find a pretty dose of the most chic pink prom dresses at Camille La Vie. And if you’re also on the hunt for shimmering accessories to pair up with your dream dress, rest assured that we’ve got you covered in that department as well!
With a plethora of this season’s must have dress styles – from the vivaciously versatile high to low dress, tempting cut out silhouette, classic halter dresses, retro-inspired A-line styles, one shoulder Grecian goddess looks to precious sweetheart necklines and more, the selections are endless.
Need some suggestions for makeup essentials? Yes, consider us your faithful beauty oracle as well. When wearing a prom look infused in beautiful pink hues, try Nars Illuminator for a healthy and subtle peachy glow to your skin. For a soft sheer cheek, try Nars Blush in Amour. Add a dose of rosey pink sheen to your lips using your favorite trusty lip gloss or perhaps try this luscious Lip Balm Rose Petal Salve by Rose&CO (Available at Nelly.com). And although it’s key to keep your cosmetics at a minimum when opting for an overall light pink prom look, a fierce cat-eye is always a must! Try Stila Smudge Pot in Black Cat Shimmer for a vixen meets angel look.
Check out our lovely pink prom dress beauties below (just to name a few):
Click here for a close-up detail of each dress:
Beaded Grecian Mesh Prom Dress
Chiffon Ribbon Empire Prom Dress
Taffeta High-Low Gathered Dress
Chiffon High to Low Hankerchief Prom Dress
Jersey Cut Out Prom Dress with Gems
Mesh Diamond Beaded Halter Prom Dress
At Camille La Vie, we not only provide an insane amount of the most beautiful prom dresses, homecoming dresses, wedding dresses and virtually any style of dress for your specials occasions, but we’re also morphing into fabulous beauty savvy ladies, with an obsession for all things makeup! And with prom night inching its way toward us, we realize it’s not only essential to find the perfect dress but to ensure that our hair and makeup are perfectly divine in every way. While the right dress that you choose will undoubtedly highlight your best body assets, wearing the right makeup and hairstyle will surely accentuate your beautiful features. And for this post, we’ll start with the eyes! With a myriad of eyeshadow palettes and current beauty trends to choose, the task of finding the right colors can be daunting. However, there are a few styles that remain timeless and versatile for any stylish look that you’re striving to convey. And here, we’re zeroing in on the SMOKEY EYE effect.
The smokey eye is a long-time favorite amongst the A-list celebrity crowd (see Kim Kardashian’s version above). It creates a deep and sultry look, bringing a sensual dose of romanticism when paired with a beautiful dress. The key to this particular look is focusing in adding drama to the eyes, while keeping other makeup areas to a bare minimum, like a light gloss for your lips and soft rouge for your cheeks. Here’s our list of must-have beauty products and tools to accomplish this smokey eye effect:
1. Models Own Smokey Eye Kit by Asos
2. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Volume Effet Faux Cils Noir Radical’ Mascara
3. Stila Smudge Pot Gel Eyeliner
4. Eylure Naturalites Double Lashes
5. NARS Night Collection Eyeshadow -Night Rider
6. Stila cosmetics – jewel eye shadow
7. Nars Primer
8. Sephora Collection Pro Natural Dome Smudge Brush #13
9. Sephora Collection Pro Oval Blending Brush #27
Steps to achieving the smokey eye look:
1. First prep your eyelids by applying a few tiny dabs of Nars Primer over them, making sure to rub in a circular motion, allowing your skin to absorb the cream.
2. Line both the top and bottom rims with eyeliner, blending around with a smudging eyeliner tool.
3. Apply the darkest shadow hue around the lids and bottom rims of eyes. Make sure to use a blending blush to even and soften out the color.
4. Apply a small hint of white shimmering eyeshadow right below the brow area, near the highest part of your brow arch.
5. Finish off with a few generous swipes of voluminous black mascara for ultimate dramaticism!