1) Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain – A fabulous ALL-DAY lip stain in a bunch of great colors. Wear it as a matte or shine it up with some gloss…it stays on until you take it off. $13.00 at Sephora.com.
2) Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – There’s nothing a girl hates more than a greasy makeup remover. Try these refreshing towelettes… it removes makeup in a snap and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clean without any greasy residue. $6.99 at Neutrogena.com.
3) Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser –If a towelette isn’t enough, try this foaming cleanser not only to get squeaky-clean skin, but to also prevent breakouts. It’s gentle, oil-free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic. $7.99 at Ulta.com.
4) Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 – After all that cleansing you need a moisturizer. How about a two-in-one with a little tint of color: just enough for those summer days and nights? With tons of shades, you’ll surely find the right tone for your complexion. $43.00 at Sephora.com.
5) Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield with SPF 30 – Great as a primer! Apply evenly under your makeup for a smooth, even, moisturizing look and feel while protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. $65.00 at Sephora.com.
6) Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm – Nourish those puckers with a hint of color. We love Burt’s Bees and their fabulous products. This lip balm comes in 11 luscious colors that are sheer and wearable for everyday. $7.00 at Burtsbees.com.
7) Lancome Difinicils Waterpoof Mascara – No running mascara for you when you get out of the pool with the best mascara on the planet. Application is smooth and gradual for a perfect finish that lasts. $27.50 at Lancome-usa.com
8) Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights - In the summer, a bronzer brings it all together. This awesome bronzer with five shimmering shades in one will give you the perfect sun-kissed look. $32.00 at Sephora.com.
9) Moroccanoil Treatment – Argon oil has swept the nation and is the perfect treatment for your hair this summer. Use for styling, conditioning or finishing to keep your hair moisturized in the heat. $43.00 at Moroccanoil.com.
10) Demeter “Salt Air” Fragrance Spray – Last but not least…a scent to accentuate the season. We are just crushing on this cologne spray from Demeter…its light, sweet and will make you feel like you’re on a desert island. $20.00 (1.0 fl oz) at Demeterfragrance.com.
It’s nearing April and if you’re still encountering the fashion perplexities of finding the absolute perfect prom look (and trust us, we feel you), here’s a gorgeous color option to consider – PEACHY PINK! It’s quite possibly one of the few colors that work very well for various skin tones. Whether you’re very fair to dark, this color really brings out the inner and outer glow of every girl. And honestly, it fits as the ideal color for the season, especially if you’re hunting for a dress that you can wear more than once…because really unless it’s your wedding day, you want a look that can easily transition into many special occasions well after prom. Try a short and sassy look like a high-low dress or the highly on-trend dazzling bodice dress. And if you feel like going the more daring and unique style route, consider the two-piece short dress with embellished bodice. Or opt for a statuesque Grecian look by slipping on a long prom dress with beaded bustline or this long Grecian stunner with sweetheart neckling. And to help you beautify your dress, here’s our round-up of great products. Obtain the perfect sun-kissed look to compliment the peachy glows of your dress and be sure to add a subtle dose of bronzer and shimmery/glossy lips for a beautiful dewey summer feel. And if you love these products right off the bat, find them in our Polyvore set, ready to be purchased.
Fortunately that time of year has peeked it’s pretty head again – the preparation for summer 2012! Are you excited?! Well we sure are. And while we’re prepping our figures to slip into those summer strapless dresses to show a bit more skin with longer sessions at the gym, a healthier nutrition plan and more guzzles of that trusty H20 for a more radiate complexion, we’re also in the process of drafting a special wish list of our 2012 beauty essentials! After many shopping trips here and there to test out these products, we are now proclaiming our love for these beauty must-have items. Here’s our fabulous round-up of luscious products guaranteed to kick start the summer season in fresh style (starting counter-clockwise):
1. Caudalie Beauty Elixir $18: With a few spritzes of this elixir (don’t you love that word, ee-lix-ir?), you’ll instantly feel transcended into a cool and invigorating state of bliss (for maybe about a few minutes or until you feel the urge for another heavenly spray). The scent of herbs offer an almost zen-like spa feel as it not only smells amazing but also tightens your pores and stimulates microcirculation. 2. Neon Yellow Nail Polish $6: We’re all for bright and vibrant colors when it comes to our dresses, but with the warm and sunny weather comes the need for an even brighter pop of color. This neon yellow nail polish hue by American Apparel is the perfect little addition to your summer wardrobe. And if you’re a gal who loves wearing white dresses or light neutral outfits, then this would be the perfect compliment for an added touch of pazazz. Watch your nails glow even brighter under direct sunlight. 3. Essie Poppy Razzi Nail Polish $8: And if you’re a lover of all things pretty in pink, then you might just adore this bright neon pink from Essie’s special collection – we sure do! Our suggestion is to keep the rest of your look to a chic minimum when wearing a hot and vivid color like this one. 4. POP Beauty “Nail Glam” Nail Polish $10: Bright neons might not fit everyone’s taste, but coral is definitely a crowd-pleasing favorite – it sure is in our beauty department. This nail color not only works for summer but can certainly transition into the fall season, where neons might not. It’s definitely one of the top on our have-to-grab beauty list. 5. Moroccan Oil $38: With warm and humid weather, comes the dreaded hair frizz. So finding the perfect product to tame our tresses might seem like a daunting task. However, our locks are in love with Moroccan Oil. After giving it a few test runs, we fell head over heels for this hair product. We’re sure you’ll be pleased too. 6. Nars Body Glow $69: Although we strive for that rich and supple olive-toned complexion for the summer, we all know that basking under those hot and searing ultra-violet rays is no good for our skin. So this yummy and dewey body glow by Nars is the perfect and fail-safe option. You’ll look radiate and your skin will definitely thank you. 7. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray $24: If you’re a fan of those natural beach-like wavy locks (picture a vintage shot of Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon), you can definitely achieve this look without a single trip to the beach. Simply spray onto your damp hair, tie up into two “Chun-li” style buns for 10 minutes and blow dry briefly, then let it go and notice your waves in action! You’ll even achieve some wave by simply air-drying in the warm and summery weather. 8. Evian Facial Spray $7: We recommend this bottle of wonder in conjunction with Caudalie. If you don’t want to use up that “spa-in-a-bottle” beauty elixir too fast, you can always whip out your Evian Spray. It costs less than Caudalie, while still giving you that much-needed refreshing pick-me-up. Keep it mind that this is pretty much the unscented version. 9. Clinique Chubby Stick $16: Unless you’re prepping for a summer night affair, this moisturizing lip balm is the perfect product for your day events. It comes in a slew of pretty neutral hues (we suggest Mega Melon or Mighty Mimosa) and is quite long-lasting 10. Bioderma Sensibio H20 $30: If you’re in search for the most reliable makeup remover and fresh facial cleansing solution without harsh perfumes, then look no further. This magical products enables dirt to be emulsified, while soothing your skin with cucumber extract. Other added benefits? It’s non detergent, non-foaming and completely soap free – au naturale in a bottle to say the least.
So that’s a little round-up of great beauty essentials, but we’ll surely be adding more to our wish list (stay tuned for another beauty post). Until then, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS! Leave us a comment below and let us know what summer products you can’t live without and leave a link to where we can snag it. We need to add to our shopping list roster!
Camille La Vie is your go-to Prom stylist!
We’d like to introduce you to the most fabulous dress with the most color… our pretty painted high-low beauty with multi-colored beaded bodice. It’s sexy. It’s chic. It’s just what you want to make a statement at Prom or any occasion. We put together this stunning group of “must-haves” to dress up the look.
#1 Lorac – Lips with benefits in color: Alex-berry has swirls of color that will highlight your lips.
#2 Sephora’s Kat Von D – True Romance Eyeshadow Palette bears the perfect hues for this dress and complements all the colors. Wear them all with the blue mini eyeliner packed in this fabulous palette.
#3 The New Black – Ombre 5-Piece Nail Polish Set is the perfect match for any colorful ensemble. Can’t find the right color? Wear them all with this fabulous ombre look.
#4 Bring out the pink in our cute Sondra Roberts soft clutch bag that takes on some bling with its large stone clasp.
#5 Our High-Heel T-Strap Rhinestone Sandal will look great as the high of this high-low shows it off. Take a closer look…the rhinestone flower mimics the beaded floral design in the dress bodice. They were made for each other.
#6 You can also match the shine and shimmer of the shoe with an all-over silver sequin soft clutch bag…it will add a bit more sparkle to your outfit.