Camera, flash, selfie! Prom night will be full of photo-ops so don’t miss out the chance to pose like a pro and turn these fun times into even more awesome memories! Between your parents, friends, and the school photographer you will be in at least 100 pictures by the end of the night so make sure all of these can be deemed Instagram worthy! How can you do this? Follow our suggestions to getting the right pose down for your body and your dress!
Showcasing your stunning figure and the gorgeous details in your dress will be your first priority, So, here are some of the poses we’ve seen on the celebrity red carpets that we think are the most flattering to the body and your dress:
1) The One-foot forward: this pose looks as though you are about to take a step; it’s more of an in motion picture. It’s very elegant and sophisticated.
2) The cross-legged pose: standing like this especially in heels can be tricky, make sure you have your balance and simply stand straight to the camera while crossing one foot in front of the other. This gives you a long lean line from head to toe!
3) Over the shoulder: this pose works really great if you have a one-shoulder dress or a gown with must-see back design. When striking this pose you almost have to turn away from the camera and only twist your face and one arm/shoulder back over to get the “over the shoulder” look!
4) Legs apart: this stance looks great in a short tight prom dress. Standing in a wide powerful stance and shifting weight to your hips looks hot! Play with your body’s shapes and angles in this position and don’t forget to smile to the camera!
Once you get these poses down by practicing in the mirror (which we definitely recommend!) These are the final Do’s and Don’ts when posing as a starlet for the night!
2) Keep your chin up
3) Watch your posture; stay tall
4) Have Confidence it’s a must! This is the number one thing that will translate in all of your pictures, besides your beautiful face and killer dress of course!
5) Use your arms to create pretty angles and unique poses
6) Use the hip trick; stick out a hip lean back a bit… tall, slender, and beautiful!
7) Show that you’re having fun
1) Show your profile, people want to see your face and sometimes your profile can be unflattering depending on the light and shadows that it casts.
2) Turn your body away from the camera. That is unless you are going for the over the shoulder pose!
3) Trip on your dress, this is never never good! Be sure your dress looks just as flawless as you will in these pics!
Follow our red-carpet approved poses and look amazing in all of your prom pictures!