Planning a wedding is like an upside down pyramid; the broad decisions, like which venue, bridal party, and colors to select, are top notch. As the months fly by (and trust us, they will) the to-do’s eventually narrow down to matching a mani pedi to your dress and handing the rings over to the best man. Organization is key for such extensive behind-the-scenes prep, especially when the goal is to have the Best Day Ever while looking #flawless. Let our 12-month checklist guide you through every step of big day beauty.
We always see these amazing ombre lip pics that are posted, tweeted, grammed, tumbled and pinned by FAB makeup artists. But how do they do it? Don’t be a victim of another Pinterest FAIL. Here’s an easy DIY Ombre Lip, straight from our awesome beauty specialist. (more…)
1) Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain – A fabulous ALL-DAY lip stain in a bunch of great colors. Wear it as a matte or shine it up with some gloss…it stays on until you take it off. $13.00 at Sephora.com.
2) Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – There’s nothing a girl hates more than a greasy makeup remover. Try these refreshing towelettes… it removes makeup in a snap and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and clean without any greasy residue. $6.99 at Neutrogena.com.
3) Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser –If a towelette isn’t enough, try this foaming cleanser not only to get squeaky-clean skin, but to also prevent breakouts. It’s gentle, oil-free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic. $7.99 at Ulta.com.
4) Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 – After all that cleansing you need a moisturizer. How about a two-in-one with a little tint of color: just enough for those summer days and nights? With tons of shades, you’ll surely find the right tone for your complexion. $43.00 at Sephora.com.
5) Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield with SPF 30 – Great as a primer! Apply evenly under your makeup for a smooth, even, moisturizing look and feel while protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. $65.00 at Sephora.com.
6) Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm – Nourish those puckers with a hint of color. We love Burt’s Bees and their fabulous products. This lip balm comes in 11 luscious colors that are sheer and wearable for everyday. $7.00 at Burtsbees.com.
7) Lancome Difinicils Waterpoof Mascara – No running mascara for you when you get out of the pool with the best mascara on the planet. Application is smooth and gradual for a perfect finish that lasts. $27.50 at Lancome-usa.com
8) Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights – In the summer, a bronzer brings it all together. This awesome bronzer with five shimmering shades in one will give you the perfect sun-kissed look. $32.00 at Sephora.com.
9) Moroccanoil Treatment – Argon oil has swept the nation and is the perfect treatment for your hair this summer. Use for styling, conditioning or finishing to keep your hair moisturized in the heat. $43.00 at Moroccanoil.com.
10) Demeter “Salt Air” Fragrance Spray – Last but not least…a scent to accentuate the season. We are just crushing on this cologne spray from Demeter…its light, sweet and will make you feel like you’re on a desert island. $20.00 (1.0 fl oz) at Demeterfragrance.com.
There are tons of makeup secrets, tips, and tricks out there but for prom, there are three little beauty words that stand out the most: The Smoky Eye! Prom-goers all want to know how to create the most perfect smoky eye, especially if you’ll be doing your own makeup! Follow these really simple steps and with a bit of practice you’ll definitely have this sultry makeup trend down by Prom!!