Shaving can sometimes seem scary simply because there is a chance you could cut yourself, and that’s something no girl ever wants to do! To help you out, especially when it comes time to prep for prom, we have created this what “To Do” and what “Not To Do” list that will keep your skin super soft and silky smooth!
- Use a really good quality razor particularly when shaving large areas like your legs. Try a three or four-blade razor that will give you the closest and smoothest shave ever! We recommend the Schick Quattro Razor
- Before you begin to shave, look to see which direction your hair is growing in. You always want to shave in the opposite direction of your hair growth; this gives you an ultra close shave that will last so much longer!
- Exfoliating before you shave helps a ton! Doing this rids your skin of thick dead skin cells and also helps raise your unwanted hair, again allowing you to get the best shave possible! Try a this gentle exfoliating cleanser from Olay
- Always shave in long evenly pressured strokes and be sure to rinse your razor after every pass to keep it clean and unclogged.
- Wait about an hour after shaving and apply a silky moisturizer to your skin. This will soak into the new sensitive layer rejuvenating its look and will help restore your beautiful glow! Help soothe your skin and calm any itchy bumps with Jergens Ultra Healing Body Lotion!
- Girls if you follow any of these suggestions, this one might be most important for your skin… Do NOT shave your bare skin! You need to have some type of shaving cream or lotion or you will literally shave off an entire layer of skin!! This will leave you sensitive, burning, and full of razor bumps; it’s not a good look, trust us! Gel to foam shaving formulas are our favorite, we suggest: Skintimate Shave Gel **A quick tip: if you run out of shaving cream you may use your hair conditioner (this helps keep your skin protected and moisturized).
- To ensure you get the best shave possible, do NOT use a razor past its expiration! Using a dull blade will leave you with a mediocre shave and major razor burn, Ouch!
- Avoid shaving over the same area twice, unless absolutely necessary. As we said, make one long pass and move on to another area this will avoid a lot of irritation.
- Let’s not shave dry skin, if you do you’ll just be asking for nicks and bumps and that’s never fun, Okay? The best time to shave is in a hot shower or bath where your skin is soft and the hair strands are weak!
- We also recommend shaving the night before your prom. This will give your skin time to heal and ready to look flawless throughout your entire day!
Let’s face it, no girl really likes having hair everywhere or even dealing with shaving, it’s just one of those things… but if you follow these Do’s and Don’ts, the shaving process will be that much better. You’ll achieve smooth and touchable legs, perfect for that short sassy prom dress!!