Your skin is the key foundation for any flawless makeup application and it’s an ultra delicate layer that can make or break your perfect prom look! Prepare your skin early and get it ready for prom (meaning moisturized, glowing, and yes pimple free) with these 8 easy steps:
- Cleanse – Girls, yes you have to! Washing your face twice a day, morning and at night is crucial! Repeat after us: “I will never go to sleep with my makeup on.” You have to clean your skin and pores to prevent any blockage, which causes pimples. Just don’t over do it because if you wash your face too much, your skin will begin over producing oil and that’s just counterproductive! Try this gentle yet highly effective cleanser: La Roche Posay Toleriane Cleanser, $23
- Toner – This is the usual second part step to any skin care regime and it really is important. A toner can be applied with a cotton pad to get any left over makeup off your face after you cleanse. This too will unclog pores and ensure breathable glowing skin! Try this toner: Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Alcohol Free Toner, $16
- Moisturize – Let your skin drink it in! The more you moisturize the better your skin will look, do this twice a day as well and see results, especially if you have very dry skin. Some moisturizers also come with SPF and/or tints to them so it protects the skin while making it totally prom ready! Try this moisturizer: The Body Shop Vitamin C Moisturizer SPF 30, $20
- Exfoliate – Do this once a week for a stunning glow and smaller pores! Exfoliating your skin removes all dead skin cells that will ultimately clog your pores, if you remove it before that happens then you’re ahead of the pretty skin game! Warning, don’t do this every day because it could really dry out your face or irritate the skin. Try this gentle exfoliating scrub: Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub, $5.99
- Mask – The mask… you’ve probably experienced this at sleepovers or your girls nights right?! But maybe you didn’t know you could make your own mask with everyday ingredients that work even better then the store bought formulas! You can even tailor your mixture to your specific skin type to achieve a flawless face and awesome skin!
- Eyes – Teen girls usually associate eye cream with old women who don’t want crow’s feet but really it’s never too early to start moisturizing the lids! The skin around the eyes is the most sensitive on your entire face so yes, girls, we mean you… make sure you’re using an eye cream every night! You won’t even believe how smooth your eye shadow goes on when your primping for your prom night… you’re welcome! Try this eye cream: Olay Regenerist Eye Cream with Touch of Concealer, $18
- Water – Drink tons of water every day! Water is a remedy for many of the body’s imperfections, but for the skin it is vital. Drinking at least 8 large glasses of water a day can improve you skin and clear up acne, exciting right! This is the easiest and cheapest way to get impeccable skin. Start now and your skin will definitely be ready for the big night!
- Sunscreen – Everyone needs sunscreen protection, everyone! It doesn’t matter your skin color, the sun damages skin cells; don’t let your pretty little face go outside unprotected, even in the winter months! Use at least an SPF15 on your face everyday to prevent having any type of harsh sunburn at prom, AH!! Try this award-winning sunscreen: bareMinerals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen, $28
More posts about getting the most perfect skin are coming soon, yay!